Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Took Isotretinoin During Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 27 years old, Smchs

AsslamoAlaikum, I need help with the thing that I just came to know that I am 9 weeks pregnant and I was not aware of my pregnancy and I took 6 tablets of isotretinoin for my acne problem, and now when I am calculating the dates I guess I was at my 5th week of pregnancy when I took 6 tablets of isotretinoin, I had 1 tablet twice a day for just 2 days and missed the other dose and took one in the morning and one on the next day.. this is how I took my 6 doses of istretinoin and when the side effects were so worse, I left taking those tablets. And after that my periods didnt come, I have been waiting but I am so upset to find out that I am now 9 weeks pregnant. I dont know what to do. How would I know that I should continue with the risk of birth defects or abort.. I am very upset.. I have 2 children, younger is 15 months, I did not plan to have the baby but obviously it is never a problem but thinking of the side effects of isotretinoin and birth defects, I am so worried.. please guide

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
- Dear u would need to check pregnancy status as soon as u missed periods .
- there is 30 % risk of congenital Malformation ( genetic abnormalities) for ladies took medications in early pregnancy so u need to have strict check for baby's developing defects as side effect of drug .
- 70% chances that things could be normal.
- have folic acid 5 mgs .
- have nucheal translucency ultrasound with Expertise hands .
- it might possible that u will need some Extra tests to rule out any Abnormal finding .
- anomaly scan at 20 wks with Expertise hands could give exact idea of seen anomalies .
- have consultation with fetal medicine obstetrician and have detailed investigations and discussion on fate and health of Pregnancy .
- Best of luck.

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

223 Positive Reviews

Aoa
Theres 30% chance of gtg fetal structural problems if this medicine is taken in 1st trimester-anyways whether the baby ll b compatible wth life or whether to hv termination of pregnancy is a debateable issue-i personally ll take opinion from the neonatologist as well as dermatologist before coming up wth any decision-u better consult ur attending OBG fr further mx of ur pregnancy-hope u understand the limitations of online consultations...
Tc...

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks, I am so grateful jazakAllah for your time.. I know but anomaly scan would be too late to know if there is some abnormality.. so if I want to terminate, I should consult the doctor. I am afraid to take the risk.. as I am just 9 weeks pregnant, what can I do to abort?. Should I consult this with gynaecologist? Or first go ti nenatologist?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories