Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Physician on 8 Years Old Kids Who Doesn't Talk

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Male, 8 years old, Canada

Good evening doctor I have 8 years old son who doesn't talk and he is extremely picky eater and he is not toilet train yet from last few years I did a lot of therapy for him but nothing work here in Canada the doctor said that he have autism spectrum disorder plz help me is there any treatment for autism or speech

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajid Jawaid

Dr. Wajid Jawaid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi

review-stars

98 Positive Reviews

Good evening For autism spectrum disorder there are some medicines that may improve symptoms, but main treatment is centred on behavior training. In developed countries there are very good centres for this. in Pakistan work has just started on this front. In which city do you stay?

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

or are you in Canada still? There you should find good centres

5 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you so much for replying yes I'm still in Canada Toronto is there any medicine for speech? Because he did received a lot of speech therapy and IBI Therapy but I don't see any improvement in his speech

5 years ago

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

there is no approved medicine to improve speech in autism at this time. I know it's easier said than done, but my advice will be to keep doing the right things in terms of non-medicinal therapy and the results will come inshaAllah. Every child has his own speed of growth. Same is true for children with autism spectrum disorder

5 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you so much for replying. JazakAllah

5 years ago

Neurologist in Quetta - Dr. Ahmed Wali

Dr. Ahmed Wali - Neurologist

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta

review-stars

707 Positive Reviews

This needs multi disciplinary team approach. Specific behavourial therapy, speech therapy are the most important.
If there is overactivity or attention deficit problembs then some medications may be given but that needs a peadiatric neurologist or neuropsychiatrist to approve after examining the child.

Post Owner

Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it yes he did received speech therapy and IBI Therapy but here in Canada the doctor don't prescribed any medicine for autism not even any test they will just ask you few questions about kids and then they will put autism label on the kids no medical test no examining .

5 years ago

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta

review-stars

707 Positive Reviews

Usually diagnosis is done clinically and on certain criterias that can be made by interviewing child and parents. In ur case they are doing the same and correctly.In part of medicines,behaviors that are most amenable are.
stereotypes,
Insistence on samenesse e.g in ur case picky diet.,
Stiming,
Habits
Tics...

one good medicine is Clomipramine for these symptoms.
If aggressive behaviour then Risperidone and if attnetion lacking then Atomoxetin.

Post Owner

Thank you so much for replying sir, God bless you . He is extremely picky eater from last 6 years he is only eating pizza and granola bar and orange juice nothing else no meat vegi,fruits, or dairy. I'll try to bring him to Pakistan for treatment. So there is no medicine for speech?

5 years ago

review-stars

707 Positive Reviews

no such medicine for speech but if speech is secondary to some other cause that can be given medicine.

Member of Marham-Forum

give him vit b complex syrup its works omega 3 syrup and vit c is good in autism my son is also autistic he is 6 year old and can say few words he is hyperactive

Post Owner

Thank you so much JazakAllah.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Husnain Hashim Please help

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)