Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Physician on Numbness, Pain And Tingling

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Lahore

It's been a month I am feeling numbness and tingling in my both hands but more severally in my right hand . It worsens when I lie down or sleep but now I am having difficulty in doing regular housework like holding brushing, spoon while cooking etc. Also it at first it helped when I kept my hands straight while sleeping but now it starts even while I am resting straight. I have to bend myself towards left hand side and then it gets better.

What should I do?

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajid Jawaid

Dr. Wajid Jawaid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi

review-stars

98 Positive Reviews

The kind of pain that you are describing sounds like a condition called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. In this condition a nerve is compressed at the level of wrist. There are number of causes of this, like being overweight, thyroid problem, diabetes, some joint diseases etc.
other possibility is compression of nerve in neck, usually due to cervical disc disease.
To diagnose this a test is done which is called NCS/EMG. Meanwhile for relief in tingling there are some medicines that can be used, but first we need to consider some factors that I dont know, like your weight, whether pregnant or lactating, any other diseases, etc.
Considering current lockdown situation I think it will be better if you arrange an online video consultation with a neurologist through Marham

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Need your more symptoms and history to treat your problems so better is to take appointment through marham for proper treatment

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories