Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Surgeon on Accidental Neuro Recovery

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 58 years old, Lahore

I am asking a question about my father in law he had an accident(second accident of the same type) last week he had a severe head injury. The doctors in Mayo Hospital Neurosurgery department have diagnosed the injury to be diffused axonal injury. The problem is that he is very weak now.(HB is 6) He is not able to take oral intake of medicine and meals and he is not able to relax mucus in his throat, and whatever he eats goes to his airway and causes irritation. This issue has been developed due to some motor nerve damage or what I do not know.....looking for a doctor who would check in detail and give us solutions for problems which are interlinked i do not know who to go to Neurologist, Neurosurgeon or ENT.

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid

Dr. Mohammad Abid - Neuro Surgeon

| MBBS | MS (Neurosurgery) | | Lahore

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

You can see me some day in alshafi hospital, tomorrow around 5 I will be a available

Neuro Surgeon in Hyderabad - Dr. Sanaullah Pathan

Dr. Sanaullah Pathan - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neuro Surgery) | Hyderabad

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

I would like to know about duration from accident till now and what was gcs ( counscious level) at presentation and now.
In diffuse axonal injury patients depends on severity improves with time this case seems to be severe type. Patient needs nursing care and rehabilitation support.
These type of patients get long time to recover. If patient unable to clear throat secretions Drs recommend tracheostomy to suck secretions thru neck opening. Calorie requirement should be calculated and feeding should be started thru NG tube.
I think u should consult neurosurgeon n rehabilitation support for this patient. Your effort would bring back your patient to better life

Post Owner

The Accident happened on 27th August, 2019. GCS at that time was 11 now it is 14.

4 years ago

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

Get appointment for tomorrow around 5pm to be assessed at alshafi hospital

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

Please ask them to take appointment for tomorrow to b assessed at alshafi hospital around 5pm tomorrow 

Post Owner

I have made a booking for tomorrow. With you through marham.pk.
We are running around with the patient in this fragile condition with him. Today also big neurologist denied to see him saying you should go to a Neurosurgeon.
Mayo hospital discharged him at very uncertain condition with HB very low, patient cannot speaking properly, not able to sit for more than 10 minutes, not able to intake oral med or meals.
I am feared that moving him here and there might be dangerous.

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Nadeem

Dr. Muhammad Nadeem - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS,FCPS | Islamabad

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

AoaIts difficult to judge and make decisions without seeing patient. Anyhow he may be transfused blood to correct hemoglobin. Tracheal secretions culture and sensitivity to lab.Frequent nebulizations.Chest physioLimb physio Good nutritional care...etc

Neuro Surgeon in Sheikhupura - Dr. Shahzaib

Dr. Shahzaib - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, MS Neurosugery | Sheikhupura

review-stars

71 Positive Reviews

well thats true that ur patient is suffering from Diffuse Axonal Injury. This kind of patient take long time to recover. All u can do is to do good nursing care, take care of dietary requirement through NG feed and visit ur Neurosurgeon on regular basis

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories