Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Surgeon on Brain Tumor

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 52 years old, Lahore,Pakistan

My mother was suffering with tumor back in june 2018 and after operation biophys was done and TB was diagnosed. After that again surgery was done in March 2019. and biophys report says that my mother has Cancer grade-IV. After radiotherapy and chemo we repeat CT scan and report shows tumor size increased by 54cmx77cm. Now our surgeon is recommending us to operate. I want your valuable opinion on this matter. I can also visit your clinic if you give me some time.

Please find recent CT scan report. Thanks

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid

Dr. Mohammad Abid - Neuro Surgeon

| MBBS | MS (Neurosurgery) | | Lahore

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

High grade tumors grow very fast n can't be removed completely because of invasion of normal brain tissue, so multiple surgeries might b required but life span after diagnosis of these tumors is no more than 15 months in most cases, if you want to see me you can book appointments through marham for ammar Medical Complex, Dr Mohammad Abid here

Post Owner

Thanks sir

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Bahawalpur - Dr. Muhammad Sajjad Hussain

Your surgeon opinion is right

Post Owner

Thanks sir

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Kasur - Asst. Prof. Dr. Yaser Ud Din Khan Hoti

Asst. Prof. Dr. Yaser Ud Din Khan Hoti - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, MD, MS Fellowship | Kasur

review-stars

47 Positive Reviews

Well just going through the report i wont be able to comment, unless n until i see the MRI with contrast, as far as high grade is concerned so it do reccur and to lower the intra cranial pressure i will go by your surgeon decision, if he thinks the patient kps is favourable of operating, you should opt for that... All the best and sincere prayers.

Post Owner

Sir thanks for your opinion and prayers.

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Talha Abbas Awan

Dr. Talha Abbas Awan - Neuro Surgeon

MD , FCPS (Neuro Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

23 Positive Reviews

i am very sorry to hear that. operate or not operate depends on general condition of patient, extent of tumour. you have shared only CT scan. please share images of MRI with and without IV contrast on whats app. 042-32591427, . i practice in Faisalabad.

Post Owner

Thanks sir

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Nadeem

Dr. Muhammad Nadeem - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS,FCPS | Islamabad

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

Tumor recurrence is a big issue in malignant tumors and decision to operate or not depends on a lot of factors like patient health  , tumor type, location, kPS, MRI  etc.

Post Owner

Thanks alot

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

according to report your mother has high grade malignant lesion which is always aggressive...these type of tumors usually had bad prognosis with multimodal treatment therapy...but yes according to report she needs the surgery at moment too...but of course for any final wording need to examine patient and to see her scans

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories