Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Surgeon on Disc Herniation

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 30 years old, Karachi

On 30nth April I was suffering from sever back and leg pain, after a day the pain was gone by taking some pain killers.. but day after tomorrow my thighs ...shin heel became numb .. And after MRI of lumbar sacral region and as per neurosurgeon Diogenes I have an problem in l5 s1 ..in which disc is herniated..he suggested me a surgery in first visit.. and a injection called epidural steroid injection ... I am scared from surgery and from this injection by reading of its risks from different internet channels ...

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Adil

Dr. Muhammad Adil - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neurosurgery) | Lahore

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

Well if you go on internet and search for food issues you might die of Hunger. The decision to intervene in clinical means must be assessed and Risks and benefits are to be weighed. There are side effects of every procedure but if a qualified and skilled person performs the procedure the incidence of complications is very low. But the final decision depends on the patient himself.

A SERIOUS QUESTION : with due respect! sciatica is a problem related to mechanics of spine, how can a tablet cure that? why are doctors prescribing heavy n expensive useless medicines all the time for sciatica? are the doctors tring to make a patient, their client that should buy medicines n temporarily get relief (may be or may be not) and visit them frequently? In my experience of 4 yrs sciatica the tablets didnt give me even 1% relief. it is like a bullet that is in your body, despite of taking it out you start taking medicines. This doesnt make a sense. plz reply me

4 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Faisalabad - Dr. Muhammad Salman Ali Khan

Dr. Muhammad Salman Ali Khan - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, MS (Neurosurgery) | Faisalabad

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Asalamoalekum! Brother May Allah give you sound health Ameen. The ultimate treatment of this condition is surgery but we can wait for sometime and start proper medicines to settle the pain and numbness and try to avoid surgery as much as possible. Kindly send me an email on salmandk13@gmail.com for medicine prescription and guidance. Thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

If you are having numbness of shin and ankle that is indication of surgery.come out of your fear and plan urgent surgery. Its v safe procedure nd in experienced hands of neurosurgeon very gd resultd 96% plus success rate.

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajid Jawaid

Dr. Wajid Jawaid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi

review-stars

97 Positive Reviews

For disc herniation the major decision to operate or otherwise is by combination if different features. they include degree of pain, associated weakness or numbness, problem in controlling urine, and some examination findings that a doctor may see. some times surgery is the only option, or there are other ways to treat like medicines physiotherapy etc. all depends on your condition. if you are not able to make up your mind then take a second opinion.

Neuro Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Syed Atif Mahmood Kazmi

Dr. Syed Atif Mahmood Kazmi - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Surgery), FCPS (Neurosurgery) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

764 Positive Reviews

Plz visit me

Member of Marham-Forum

hi, Dr. Syed Atif Mahmood Kazmi sb I have also problem in L4 and L5 disc I already had surgery but I have still severe pain in my legs, I am in UAE and please help me to get rid of this pain.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories