Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Surgeon on Infection

person-avatar

Asking for Husband, Male, 34 years old, karachi

my husband got tumour in his nose in 2006 which was removed by ENT .Then after 10 years recurrence of tumour in his frontal sinuses in which brain surgeon and ent did combine surgery n clean the tumour n also put titanium mesh.but last year he got 2 hole right after his hairline on forehead n slowly they got bigger n b can see his bone from then he was on antibiotics but nuthing works n there was a very bad smell coming from holes Dr suggest us to go for surgery n remove the infected bone but bcz of my husbands anxiety we took so much time for surgery n one day maggots came from holes he was scared n we rush to our doctor n they did his surgery they removed his infected bone n didn't take titanium mesh from there.now after a week his holes get expanded n its open. There plan is to put soft tissue under my forehead taken from my thigh instead of using artificial bone to reduce the risk of infection, They have also planned to replace my TITANIUM MESH with soft tissues again taken

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Shahzad

Dr. Muhammad Shahzad - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Neurosurgery) | Lahore

Since there has been infection, titanium mesh needs to be removed. The mesh becomes covered with bacteria which form a coating or biofilm over it. As such, antibiotics wont be effective and the mesh will need to be removed. I agree with your doctors plan to use soft tissue from the thigh for closure of the defect. If you have any more queries, let me know

Neuro Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Faizyab Ahmed

Dr. Faizyab Ahmed - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (NeuroSurgery) | Karachi

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

Incase of infection within operated site with implants ,treatment is to remove the implant ,let the infection controlled with medicine then plan the bone/soft tissue coverage ..

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid

Dr. Mohammad Abid - Neuro Surgeon

| MBBS | MS (Neurosurgery) | | Lahore

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

Your surgeon is doing the right thing, please follow his advice, for my opinion you may see me some day

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

Your surgeon is doing the right thing, please follow his advice and if you want my opinion you may see me some day

review-stars

233 Positive Reviews

Your surgeon is doing the right thing and if you want my opinion you may see me some day

Neuro Surgeon in Quetta - Dr. Nasrullah Langove

Dr. Nasrullah Langove - Neuro Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS ( Neuro Surgeon ) | Quetta

review-stars

150 Positive Reviews

When there is infection all foriegn body like titanium should be removed and proper antibiotics according to culture and sensitivity be started.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories