Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on 3rd Grade Complete Meniscus Tear

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Karachi

I don't feel any pain of any sort but my MRI showed a complete tear. I play football at an extremely competitive level and I am afraid if I will ever be able to play again. Can this heal on its own without a surgical procedure?

Member of Marham-Forum

Better look for a local sports Surgeon in Lahore. If you are based in Karachi we can off you arthroscopic treatment here.

Post Owner

I am in Karachi.

4 years ago

U can see me in Memon Medical centre on Monday evening 4pm

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Although it’s symptoms free at present but a good knee clinical examination along with MRI details a doctor can make good decision whether it’s repairable or not. But one thing is clear it cannot heal on itself rather it can increase in size with more possible damage to joint. Only thing to decide whether to treat at this stage or not.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar

Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FRCSEd (Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

It needs further information. If you do not feel any pain then what is the complaint? We, doctors, should not and would not treat xrays etc and treat patients for problems they suffer from. A grade 3 tear of meniscus in MRI is usually an important finding but treatment depends on symptoms.
Most meniscal tears, if left untreated, do go on to slowly rub off and become symptom free. In the process, though, the joint cartilage may get damaged and some times damage may be gross and need bigger surgical intervention than the initial meniscal debridement.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories