Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Hip Joint Effusion With Fluid Inside

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male, 25 Years old, lahore

Asslam O alaikum !! I hope you are enjoying good health sir. I was experiencing pain in my right hip joint , i consulted a doctor and he suggested me the MRI, after MRI he said that you need an endoscopy treatment to make that fluid dispose off. I want to ask if it is the permanent solution for this disease condition? And what caused this inflammation and fluid? Can this problem happen again ever in life? Please guide me with the expert opinion i will be very thankful to you. JazakAllah

Member of Marham-Forum

Please share your xray hip joint ... is there any history of trauma/smoking/steroid intake??

Post Owner

Sir i made my xray done and the doctor said that there is no fracture, us k bad i went to another doctor and he suggested me MRI, and yes i used to smoke but left 4 months ago, still smoke shesha sometimes but no history of trauma or steriods

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Abbottabad - Dr. Abdus Saboor Awan

Dr. Abdus Saboor Awan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Abbottabad

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

can u tell me
since how long I are facing this problem ? any history of trauma ..
pain is sudden in onset??

Post Owner

Sir i experienced this pain a month ago , i took caflam with myolax and it vanished, now its been 5 days i'm in pain but its bearable

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I am still like to see your xray... if you have please share

Post Owner

Sure sir,I will make it done in the morning. Please suggest me the permanent solution as doctor said that after endoscopy we will send the fluid to lab and after the results we will start the treatment. It may ne antibiotics for 2-3 months or may be tb drugs or may be hip joint replacement. And can the fluid come again after the endoscopy?

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Latif Khan

Dr. Latif Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic), Fellowship Spine Surgery (AO-Spine), Fellowship Spine Surgery (POA) | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

This report say you have stress fracture. Stop putting weight on that side. I don’t know what do u mean by endoscopic treatment. Better to visit nearby orthopedic surgeon which evaluates X-rays and MRI before this fracture get displaced.

Post Owner

Endoscopic treatment i mean doctor said that we will insert the camera,take out the fluid and send it for biopsy, after results we will start treatment

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Latif Khan
Dr. Latif Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic), Fellowship Spine Surgery (AO-Spine), Fellowship Spine Surgery (POA) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 7 Positive Reviews

Ok go for it

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

have to make diagnosis first then will talk about treatment modalities... if there is effusion only then will plan for biopsy... but first get xrays done

Post Owner

Okay sir i will upload tomorrow

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja

Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MRCS (Ireland), Fellow of European Board of Orthopedic & Traumatology (EBOT), Diplomat in Navigated knee replacement (CAOS) UK, MSc Orthopedic (UK), Fellowship in Hip and Knee replacement (Glasgow, UK), Key skills course provider by Royal College of surgeons in Edinburgh | Rawalpindi

review-stars

296 Positive Reviews

Hi, hip effusion can be because of multiple problems. First of all infection shall be ruled out wich will be with blood tests and MRI or USG. However you need to be exMined by expert orthopaedic surgeon who have hip/ knee experience. I practice in Islamabad, you can visit me if you want to. Thanks

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

195 Positive Reviews

Dr Durrani referred you for this scan so his observation must be right.
you need surgery. simple endoscopy/arthroscopy of hip will only help to diagnose. it's not a treatment in your situation.
if there is actually a fracture, then you will need fixation. took further treatment, stop walking on this side. use crutches. strictly.

Post Owner

Should i start walking using crutches? And what will be the treatment criteria after endoscopy sir?

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 195 Positive Reviews

camera surgery is for sports injuries only.
mri in your case is suspecting a fracture. which needs further workup like an xray, bone scan, biopsy and then if it's a confirmed fracture, it might need proper fixation.

4 years ago

Post Owner

Okay sir, thankyou

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari

Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (Glasgow), AO Fellow (UK), FICS (USA), Fellowship Advanced Joint Replacement (UK), Fellowship AO Trauma and Disaster management (Switzerland), Fellowship Sports Medicine (UK), Fellowship Onco-Orthopedics (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

218 Positive Reviews

kindly book appointment through marham for detailed online evaluation
fracture even if stress induced need fixation they can go either way. they can heal on their own or may lead to avascular necrosis of femur Head

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari

Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (Glasgow), AO Fellow (UK), FICS (USA), Fellowship Advanced Joint Replacement (UK), Fellowship AO Trauma and Disaster management (Switzerland), Fellowship Sports Medicine (UK), Fellowship Onco-Orthopedics (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

218 Positive Reviews

kindly book appointment through marham for detailed online evaluation
fracture even if stress induced need fixation they can go either way. they can heal on their own or may lead to avascular necrosis of femur Head

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories