Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Joint Pains

person-avatar

Asking For Mother, Female 55, lahore

my mother is 55 yrs old with bmi around 33 . she feels pain in her knees also in shoulder joints , elbow joints and small joints of hands and feet.. non diabetic and non hypertensive Alhamdulillah.. it seems to me osteoarthritis.. from few days she is unable to walk more after 10 minutes.. Knees are unable to carry her weight. my question is what should be done by now? is there a point of return or some management to halt the disease process?? besides diet control does exercise increase the joint disease process? also any medication to take? thank you.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Peshawar - Dr. Aimal Sattar

Dr. Aimal Sattar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), Fellowship in Spin Surgery | Peshawar

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

Tab celbex200 tab neuberole forte tab jovit By losing wt u can stop the process but u can not regenerate already damaged cartilage

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari

Prof. Dr. Brig R Arsalan Bukhari - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (Glasgow), AO Fellow (UK), FICS (USA), Fellowship Advanced Joint Replacement (UK), Fellowship AO Trauma and Disaster management (Switzerland), Fellowship Sports Medicine (UK), Fellowship Onco-Orthopedics (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

216 Positive Reviews

please show in my clinic

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Latif Khan

Dr. Latif Khan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic), Fellowship Spine Surgery (AO-Spine), Fellowship Spine Surgery (POA) | Lahore

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

Weight reduction is only way to slow down the osteoarthritis. Diet control and exercise can reduce weight. She has pain in multiple joints. In overweight patients Uric acid is common.

General Practitioner in Quetta - Dr. Hina Junaid

Before jumping directly to osteoarthritis i must suggest you to get her Vitamin D Levels check. Secondly, Must reduce her weight. Its important for her to stay physically active, must walk or excercise daily. Eat healthy diet. If she is Vit D Deficient then we will treat her accordingly. Tell her not to rely more on analgesics as it may harm her in future.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Abbottabad - Dr. Abdus Saboor Awan

Dr. Abdus Saboor Awan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Abbottabad

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

I think u must consult an orthopedic surgeon for proper assessment..
ur mother might have some other problem as well ...
regarding osteoarthritis u cant stop the degenerative process but can slowdown it by life style modification, weight reduction ,

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohammad Bilal Raza

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohammad Bilal Raza - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, A.O. Trauma, ATLS (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Wa alaikum Assalam,  As per your explanation  , if she is having ? Multiple joints pain along with knees  ,then has to be evaluated for some additional  issue  , better to see patient and all labs n x rays  to advise ? What is best for her . 

Member of Marham-Forum

clinical assessment required...

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Need your more symptoms and history to treat her problems

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Khalid Rehman Malik

Dr. Khalid Rehman Malik - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MCPS (Surgery), FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), Fellow in Sports Arthroscopic Surgeries, Fellow in Arthroplasties & Joints Reconstructive Surgeries | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

AoA..
Yes it is due to two reasons 1.due to high BMI... 2.due to bone weakness... Osteoporosis.. She needs to have workup for both... Thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories