Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Lower Back Pain (lumbar Spine)

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 22 years old, Jeddah

I'm 22 years old and have had lower back pain since around a year. Earlier, pain arose while driving a car or sitting in a bending position for a long time. Around four months ago, I injured my lower back while doing bent over rows at the gym and felt a shooting pain more pronounced in the lower right side. Since then, the pain is ever increasing and hindering my daily routine. I cannot bend forward or sit comfortably, even sleeping is not comfortable anymore. Right now, the pain is mainly in lower back, left side of the lower back and it radiates down the front of my leg sometimes. I'm guessing a herniated disc. What are my treatment options? What tests do I require and is it possible to recover from it without going under the knife? How long does it usually take to fully recover? I'm staying long term outside Pakistan right now so I would need some really good suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

195 Positive Reviews

it does sound like disc. 90% patients recovery without surgery but need to do some strict precautions.
1.no heavy weight lifting,pushing pulling
2.no bending forward
3.take care of your posture
4.do hot/cold massage
5.apply some painkiller gel
6.take muscle relaxant medicine
7.do some stretching physio
8.painkillers tablets only when lot of pain

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq

Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq - Physiotherapist

DPT, BSPT, Foreign Trained in Rehabilitation | Islamabad

review-stars

101 Positive Reviews

get MRI to rule out any annular tear and disc issues

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Need your more symptoms and history to treat your problems so you can call me through marham

Member of Marham-Forum

Need clinicl examinatin and xray spine may b mri needed

Member of Marham-Forum

we specialize in situations like your. first of all you need MRI and xrays of lower back to see if you have herniated your spinal disc. Because it seems like you may have sciatica as you are describing your symptoms. we recently treatment a similar case 26 years old male who had injured his back at the gym. he is fully recovered now without surgery.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories