Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Anxiety

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male, 55 years old, Lahore

Had a severe anxiety attack 4 months back. Doctor initially prescribed es pramacit which after 1.5 months did not improve anything. Then he prescribed Effexor xr 75 mg. Seeing improvement but not to full extent after 2 months he enhanced it to 150 mg. Now about 90 percent improvement I see but still has irritation i.e. ghabrahat in chest and recovery is very slow. What do you recommend for complete recovery as treatment with effexor is now about for last 100 days. I want to get rid of medicine for ever

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1411 Positive Reviews

Welcome, your are on the right path of treatment which is of pharmacotherapy means medication though medications are very important but it is very important to identify the etiological factors which may be biological and/or psychosocial, other form of treatment is psychotherapy means counselling which depends upon the many factors including our personality style, I would suggest to have counselling session depends upon your diagnosis but even if no response then you should get an expert opinion Thanks

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

Dear worried patient, I can understand your feelings, if your want to treat your anxiety then contact me through Marha.pk either online clinic or visit at hospital if you are from Karachi. according to your post it seems like your anxiety is a result of your cognitive appraisal, worries related to things which are going to happen makes you feel uncomfortable. its very easy to treat with few counseling sessions.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories