Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Anxiety And GERD

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Karachi

I was diagnosed with the GERD when I was 22 years old. I was prescribed tab amylin 1mg for depression which is a TCA and risek 40 mg. But now owing to worsen condition even risek 40 mg does not seem to be enough.I took for one entire month. It is now only giving 40% of the results. Should I go for fundoplication? I am 26 years old now and have dyspepsia almost every other day. In fact playing any sport or brisk walking also exacerbate the condition even when I have filled stomach.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Rakesh Kumar

Dr. Rakesh Kumar - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Karachi

review-stars

71 Positive Reviews

seems it's functional dyspepsia but need to confirm
please find appointment

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Batool

Dr. Saima Batool - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Lahore

review-stars

36 Positive Reviews

you need proper investigations and consultation. you must check your thyroid status first.

Member of Marham-Forum

These symptoms may be because of anxiety. Before consulting a Psychiatrist, Ask your gastroenterologist about association of these symptoms with Anxiety Disorders. If he suggests you a Psychiatrist then go for an opinion.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1410 Positive Reviews

Welcome, Dr Fawada Suleman is right, before visiting a psychiatrist, consult a gastroenterologist for proper assessment and investigation. Thanks

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani

Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Amylin does nt come in 1mg.
U should visit psychiatrist for assesment.

Post Owner

What medicine (TCA) should I take till I get the appointment since acid reflux has worsen to the point where I am feeling burning mouth and tongue? It is getting unbearable. And also taking psychiatry session will help me get rid off the anxiety completely or taking medicine for 3 - 5 months can also help alleviate it alone? As I was told by general physician that LES tone has been weakened so I want it to take it back to the basics through fundoplication as I myself many times feel the fluid traveling upwards which is quite irritating at times. i have tried to abstain from all spicy, oily and caffeine based food but since its been so long this is not compliant anymore. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks!

4 years ago

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Need your more symptoms and history to treat your problems

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online