Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Anxiety Disorder

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 40 years old, Lahore

Aslam-O-Alikum.. I'm suffering with Anxiety disorder.. Panic attacks.. addiction of Zanax (Alprazolam) due to some family issues... I'm dealing with these problem since 2009 till now... Nowadays I'm consulting with Janah Hospital Psychiatrist department and doctors Lubna and doctor Faiza dealing with my case... Doctor Lubna giving me session.. doctor Faiza giving me medications... I have also economical issues.. so that's why I couldn't afford private expenses... Kindly suggest me what should I do now...??? Further I change lots of doctors because no one pay serious attention in my case.. I'm so fed up now... Because doctors just giving me lots of medicines and after this they fill there pockets with money... I have privacy concerns.. please suggest me some good advice through inbox...

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Faisal Farid

Dr. Faisal Farid - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), CCT General and Adult Psychiatry (UK), Diploma Clinical Neuro psychiatry (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

584 Positive Reviews

Walaikum Asalam, it is unfortunate that you have developed dependence on Alprazolam. I would recommend that following a comprehensive mental state assessment a adequate combination of medication and a reduction regime to gradually reduce and stop your benzodiazepine dependence. I am happy to assist if my help is needed. Best wishes, Dr Faisal

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Waalaikum Sallam.
I can understand your condition. Medications can help remove symptoms. As long as you are on medicines your anxiety will not appear. But when you are off on medicines, your symptoms reappear. Why you are not successfully recovering from anxiety. The answer is your thoughts and your wholestic approach towards your life. There are something , some cues that trigger anxiety in you. These cues may be your own thoughts are some external stimuli. We need to change your thoughts. You have been going to psychiatrist since 2009. Why not give a try to a psychologist. For us ,For Psychologist Anxiety is the easiest thing to give successfull treatment. In sha Allah you will recover, just consult a Psychologist, who will work on your thoughts and behaviour.

Member of Marham-Forum

You need a drug detox and rehab for alprazolam dependence and medication and behavioral therapy for your anxiety and panic attacks
breathing and relaxation exercises are very effective

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Aliya Khalid please help

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories