Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Bipolar Disorder

person-avatar

Asking for Brother, Male, 38 years old, Kohat

My brother is facing a lifelong challenging mental illness called Bipolar disorder. He has suffered three maniac attacks in the last 14 months. When he takes olanzipine, then, gets extremely depressed and stopping olanzipine and taking escitalopram triggers maniac attack. Having a stable mood and living a normal life is a dream for him to come true. I am seeking an advice that would in reality make life for him worth living.

Psychiatrist in Islamabad - Dr. Syed Azhar Ali

Dr. Syed Azhar Ali - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Islamabad

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Escitalopram is not recommended in bipolar depression. Get a proper check up and review his treatment from good psychiatrist in Lahore.  Prof Ali Madih Hashmi is one of the best. Consult him. 

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Faisal Farid

Dr. Faisal Farid - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), CCT General and Adult Psychiatry (UK), Diploma Clinical Neuro psychiatry (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

581 Positive Reviews

Salam it is unfortunate that your brother is suffering from a long enduring illness. It seems from the description that you have given that his illness is being poorly managed with the psychotropic drugs being prescribed to him. He will benefit from a proper review of his mental state and adjusting of his medication. Happy to help if needed.

Member of Marham-Forum

Respectable Sir,
Thank you very much for your kind replies.
I would like to get your valuable opinions, after keeping in your knowledge, that, he has polycystic kidneys and taking most of the psychiatrists choice mood stabilizer drugs, containing lithium e.g Epival (sodium valporate) would further damage his kidneys.
I look forward to your kind opinions and pieces of advices.

Thank you very much

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh
Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 122 Positive Reviews

Lithium is excreted through kidneys but mood stabilisers such as epival are metabolised through liver in theirs major proportion. Rest u can book my online appointment for medication review.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories