Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Bipolar Disorder , Bipolar 1

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 60 years old, Lahore

My father has bipolar 1 , he inherited it from his father. He is talking neurolith 400mg since 7years 2 tablets daily at night . He is in very good and stable state , he do daily life task perfectly handle his business . But there are few things I'm worried about from last 1 week his sleep has increased so much and he has lost his interest in watching tv or news . His hands also shiver a little while doing things . Sometimes he get confuse while talking and has to think what he was going to say . He forgets few things . He looks very tired form his face .Last month he was perfectly fine . But since one week these changes i have observed . There are few business problem also . But he his very good with his family and guest . Doctor who was looking his case has died few days back . So now it's not easy to sent him to a new doctor . If doctors could help me with these symptoms if these are normal or not it will be a great favour .

Member of Marham-Forum

get his lithium levels done give blood sample just before his dose is due and share results

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aafia Malik

Dr. Aafia Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Lahore

review-stars

866 Positive Reviews

please check the lithium levels and get him assessed in detail from a psychiatrist. may be is having mood symptoms too.
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/dr-aafia-malik

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq

Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

it may be due to medication he is using or an epis6of depression. May be onset of Parkinson or dementia. For final diagnosis you need to consult a psychiatrist

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan - Psychiatrist

review-stars

76 Positive Reviews

Respected,

Thank you for sharing your concern.

The symptoms mentioned by you are NOT NORMAL.

Few symptoms like decreased interest, increased sleep might be due to Depressive episode, while hand tremors, Confusion, and forgetfulness can be side-effects of lithium use. Also, hypothyroidism and renal impairment after such long term use of lithium needs to be ruled out, as well.

I'd like to check:
- Serum lithium (just before giving the night dosage),
- TSH
- Urea and Creatinine

along with neurological exam, and detailed mental state exam.

You can consult me online from the comfort of home, especially during the Covid-19 times:

Book Online Consultation here:
https://www.marham.pk/personal/19260

I'm confident that we can provide better psychiatric care to your father, together.

Regards

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you so much Doctors . I'll get his test done and will share result .

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan - Psychiatrist

review-stars

76 Positive Reviews

Ap tmam mushwarun ko sunany k bad apny father k ilaj k liay kis step tak puhnchy han?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories