Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Borderline Personality Disorder

person-avatar

Asking For Husband, Male 30, lahore

I am asking this question on a forum because I want the general view of multiple pscychologists and psychiatrists . My husband has BPD .He doesnot go to therapy .Refuses it.He send me divorce papers. (1st talaq) Im living with my parents now..He was verbally and physically abusive when he used to go in negative phase.While when mood was good he would be very kind ,romantic and cooperative as well..But his phases would never end .We have a one year old baby too.I am financially stable and can support myself .But I feel disturbed .He has put allegations on me as he would have paranoia repeatedly and would say that I lie to him about things and would not listen to me even though I tried to explain that what he thinks is untrue .He himself slapped me twice and told people that I slapped him thats why he slapped me in return .What should I do .It was a love and hate cycle .Do you people from your experience think that I should try and persuade him for counseulling again ? Do people with

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Usama Bin Zubair

Dr. Usama Bin Zubair - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry), MRCPsych (UK), MAAAP (USA) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

33 Positive Reviews

Please don’t discuss confidential matters on open forum. He can go for DBT. I provide these services in Rawalpindi

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Waleed Akhtar

Dr. Waleed Akhtar - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS ( Psychiatry), MRCPsych , Ireland trained In Adult & child psychiatry | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Must be difficult experience.Seems Bipolar affective disorder.May be his medications were not in appropriate dose and counselling can help but there is bigger role of medications depending on his actual diagnosis.

Post Owner

sir do you have personal experience in bpd patients ? Is it still worth it to pursue him as he himself divorced me

1 year ago

Post Owner

the only reason im clinging to him is my memory of us when hes stable and our child

1 year ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Waleed Akhtar
Dr. Waleed Akhtar - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS ( Psychiatry), MRCPsych , Ireland trained In Adult & child psychiatry | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 7 Positive Reviews

we can discuss about ur concerns in appointment

1 year ago

Post Owner

ok thank u

1 year ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ravi Kumar

Dr. Ravi Kumar - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Karachi

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Counselling at this stage might not work. Better to treat the paranoia and underlying psychopathology. Better to Consult for proper management on time. Regards

Psychiatrist in Dera Ismail Khan - Dr. Syed Muhammad Shahkar Ali

Dr. Syed Muhammad Shahkar Ali - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MD (Psychiatry) | Dera Ismail Khan

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

Consult online

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Munam

Dr. Abdul Munam - General Physician

MBBS, Member of American College of Physician | Lahore

review-stars

390 Positive Reviews

For proper consultation and addressing the issue , click my profile book FREE 200 consultation (video / audio)

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Arooj Fatima

Dr. Arooj Fatima - Psychiatrist

MBBS, Consultant Psychiatrist MD, CPD (Child & Adolescent Mental Health), Certified Geriatric Psychiatrist (APPNA) | Lahore

review-stars

468 Positive Reviews

kindly take online consultation for detailed assessment of your case

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana

Dr. Usman Amin Hotiana - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psych) | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

This is a very challenging condition to be in. Various variables would decide the final outcome. If it's just this acute condition which is caused by illness then effort should be made to get him better. But it seems problems are widespread and emotionally taxing for other members . As suggested above choose a suitable doctor and work through it to understand the nature of the issue. Things could be better if appropriately approached.

Member of Marham-Forum

Is your husband taking and medicine? Can you convince him for therapy online? Are you a housewife or you go to work as well?
I think divorce is not a good option as your baby is only 1 year old and that can take create a negative impact on him. Try to focus all your energy on yourself. Ignore him and be self independant, that way you both can create healthy personal boundaries with eachother. Giving eachother space on a daily basis can help in love/hate cycle clashes. Try to be less expressive!

taking any*

1 year ago

Post Owner

no meds

1 year ago

Men usually avoid taking treatment for their issues. Your case can be managed but it'll require you to do double efforts. If you are willing to do that then we can discuss a management plan through sessions

1 year ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories