Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depression

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 32 years old, Multan

i am patient of depression MDD, i am taking medicine from psychiatrist doctor since 5 years, i am taking madicine olanzapine 5mg, bupropion 300, fluoxetine 20 mg. but meri tabiyat stable nahi ho rahi, na-umeedi, udasi, work main dil nahi lagta, kbi kbi jaisy banda koi zindgi sy tang a jata h. now want to ask that i can use Prothiaden 25mg Tablet ? with olanzapine, bupropion, fluoxetine

Member of Marham-Forum

First of all What do you think why the symptoms have worsened? Are you facing some stress? Do you use any substance of addiction? Are you taking medicines on regular basis? Are you doing exercise these days?

Post Owner

i am taking madicine properly, dont miss any dose. but i can't do exercise or walk. due to busy life

4 years ago

Then please go to the previous Psychiatrist for the current concerns.

4 years ago

Post Owner

thanks to reply

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

124 Positive Reviews

Do not self medicate. Take proper consultation with a psychiatrist for ur management . U can book my online appointment.

Post Owner

g main khud sy madication nahi ly raha, is liyee to aap logon sy rabta kiya h ager aap suggest kr daity hain to ly loon ga

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aman Ullah

Dr. Aman Ullah - Psychiatrist

MBBS | Lahore

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

Needs review of medication plus re evaluation of diagnosis, I have doubt in diagnosis

Post Owner

yah medication mugy DR. naeem ullah laghari multan head of department psychtry in nishter multan, inhon ny suggest kr k di thi. but i m not satisfy with my condition.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I suggest reevaluation from a psychiatrist

Post Owner

sir, yah medication mugy psychiatrist ny hi suggest kr k di thin. due to not satisfy with my condition. i want to ask that, can i take Prothiaden 25mg Tablet, along with my medication. can it become danger for me ?

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I had been on fluxotine 20 mg for 6 months dear and then on cipralex.. All I want to say that you have to self heel for depression. The medicines can only suppress the effects not remove it. There is some internal cause associated with anxiety. Try to figure out that. Counselling can be of use for this. I myself had reduced the dose to 5 mg now and planning to skip it entirely gradually. Stay healthy :)

Visit doctor Hanif Mesiya if you are in Karachi

4 years ago

Post Owner

I can understand , what u are saying. You are lucky , you defeated the depression. But my condition is not like you

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1410 Positive Reviews

Welcome, sorry for late, i think the answer has been given already by qualified doctors and the advise is worth considering, i would like to add some knowledge about the depression, Depression is a common mental disorder, like other diseases, it is treatable disease with medication as well as psychotherapy sessions, medication are effective in the symptoms resolution and for relapse prevention that is why it is advised to take medication even after symptoms cover, as depression etiology means the reasons are multifactorial like family history, childhood problems, parenting, financial issues, job issues, and other psycho-social issues including our personality type, that is why medication only work on symptoms and prevent from replases but it would not affects our issues and would not change our way of thinking and behavior, considering this patients are advised to go for psychometric testing to identify the reasons and the type of personality then with medication counselling would be advised for further management, as per said in previous messages that it happens that patients may need expert openio to review the diagnosis and to review the medication for further understanding of the condition. Thank you

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani

Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

These are not the good combinations of medicines which u r already taking and if u want to add prothiadine with these, that is also not as per recommended guidelines. so kindly go again to consultant psychiatrist for review and change of medications if needed. thanks

Post Owner

ok thanks for suggestion

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories