Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depression, Insomnia

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 18 years old, Lahore

8 to 9 months back I started to take Lexotanil along with Dosulepin for a good sleep without realising the addictive nature of Benzodiazepines. I have started to feel more depressed and anxious. Waking up feeling groggy and fast heart beat. I searched about this and started to take Xanax 0.5 mg daily it helped me alot. But sometimes for a good sleep i would take more than 5mgs of Alprazolam and blacked out you can call it xanax abuse. I don't have a valid prescription or source to buy them more thank god. But suddenly stopping made my anxiety worse, i started feeling out of my body, light headedness, severe depression and heavy feet. I think these are the withdrawal symptoms from Xanax. Can you help me please? I have switched to Diazepam (valium) 5mg after reading its 100hrs elimination life. I take valium 2 to 3 times a week now and I feel better now sometimes I take Lorazepam too just to not suffer the withdrawal of Xanax. Kindy help me quitting all types of Benzodiazepines. Thank yo

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farrukh Hayat Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Farrukh Hayat Khan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry), MCPS (Medical Education) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

1908 Positive Reviews

It has to be treated like any other addiction. You have to consult a Psychiatrist who would gradually taper off the dose. He would also see if you are suffering from any other psychiatric disorder and treat it.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Please connect with us Take an online consultation if needed :
https://www.marham.pk/contact
Thank You

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aafia Malik

Dr. Aafia Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Lahore

review-stars

866 Positive Reviews

self medication is always a wrong decision. you should consult a psychiatrist for detail assessment and diagnosis n treatment.
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/dr-aafia-malik

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq

Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

Agreed with other psychiatrists, switching from one drug to other is not solution, you need assessment and treatment

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Haleem

Dr. Abdul Haleem - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Lahore

review-stars

248 Positive Reviews

Thanks, i can understand your feelings first of all you need to calm down please, get consultant help to sort it out, for more information please visit
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/dr-abdul-haleem

Member of Marham-Forum

I see it more like a self-diagnosed case, as such medication has the potential to be highly addictive, it should be prescribed and supervised by a Psychiatrist, but more importantly, proper diagnosis should be made in order understand the cause of insomnia rather than treated as a symptom

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories