Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depressive Illness

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 22 years old, karachi

i am currently taking estar 10 mg in the morning and inderal in morning and evening as prescribed by my psychiatrist. my gastroentrologistrecommended me serta 50mg one daily, can i take these together?

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

124 Positive Reviews

Both are antidepressants and u should take one antidepressant at a time. As u are already taking estar so better remain on estar.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Beenish Salman

Dr. Beenish Salman - Psychiatrist

MBBS, Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine, Diploma in CBT | Karachi

review-stars

110 Positive Reviews

No, usually multiple drugs of same class are neither needed nor recommended.. continue your medicine as prescribed by Psychiatrist..Though you should discuss your GIT problems with your psychiatrist,may be he/she would suggest you the way out..

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani

Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

U can take only one antidepressant at a time from both of these, as Estar and Sert both are antidepressant. It will be ur decision that if u were comfortable with estar then continue it or if not, then u can stop it and start sert.

Member of Marham-Forum

There is no such difference between both of these medicines, these belong to the group of anti-depressants i.e. SSRIs. It is recommended to take a single antidepressant at a time except in some circumstances when the case is towards resistance (symptoms not improving) with a single medicine. So it is Highly recommended to check what actual diagnosis do you have? Ask your Psychiatrist about your diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Thank You.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories