Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Does ADHD Medication Actually Help Long Term, Or Is It Risky?

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Karachi

I'm 23 and I've been noticing pretty strong ADHD symptoms lately. I'm thinking about starting meds but honestly I'm nervous about it. Does it actually make a real difference or is it overhyped? And my bigger worry is long term use, like if I take it for years, can it mess with my brain somehow, or cause other side effects down the line? Would appreciate honest input

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Maham Iqbal

Dr. Maham Iqbal - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MD Psych (RC), CAMH-C * | Lahore

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

AOAWRWB ADHD is most commonly noticed during early childhood which persists through adulthood. Adult onset ADHD is uncommon and similar symptoms could be present in anxiety disorders. Before starting any medication, you need a detailed assessment and only then we can reach a diagnosis. I hope it helped.


0

0

Psychologist in Islamabad - Anum Riaz

Anum Riaz - Psychologist

M.Phil. Applied Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

85 Positive Reviews

It’s completely understandable to have concerns about starting ADHD medication, especially when you’re thinking about long-term use. Medication can be helpful for some people, but the decision should be based on a proper ADHD assessment and discussion of potential benefits, side effects, and alternatives with a qualified psychiatrist.

A counseling session can also help you understand your symptoms, assess how they affect your daily life, and explore practical strategies for attention, organization, procrastination, and emotional regulation. If medication is appropriate, a psychiatrist can guide you regarding the suitable option and monitoring.



0

0

Attach Photo here: