Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Emotional Dysregulation

person-avatar

Asking for Husband, Male, 33 years old, Islamabad

Aoa. I am asking with regards to my husband. He has anger management issues and at times can be over sensitive and over reactive. Even if there is a very minor issue or conflict he could react to the extend that he would start shouting and can be abusive. His mood is very unstable and can change any minute. He would then start blaming me for things in the past and can hold onto resolved anger and grudges. Both his parents have died. His mother died when he was very young and Dad died recently. There has been a lot of emotional abuse from his siblings which I feel is contributing to this. He has used alcohol to deal with his issues at times. I have been with him for a long time but now this is affecting our relationship. He is willing to accept help and go to a psychologist. Could someone tell me about a psychologist who can give him some therapy to deal with this.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

124 Positive Reviews

He should also consult a psychiatrist

Member of Marham-Forum

I dont think he needs to mood stabiliser or antidepressants but I do feel he needs proper psychotherapy something like DBT type therapy to deal with unresolved grief and abuse from family. It always about feelings of being neglected and abandonment. Could anyone recommend a good psychologist/psychotherapist with experience in this in Islamabad please ?

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

for anger management counselling sessions you can book an appointment and consult me through Marham.pk online Clinic.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories