Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Headache, Depression

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 23, lahore

suffering from mental illness and properly diagnosing myself from a psychiatrist for headache low mood, fatigue, low energy, little interests in work or activities and might be depression. doctor suggested to take hitop (topamax increased from 25mg to 100mg twice a day) and brintellix(vortioxetine) daily. still having headache and the severity of headache is increasing day by day the doctor suggested to take sumoxen if the severity got worse, but even after taking medicine for almost a month the issue has gotten worst. I am still having headache and Is it normal or the headache is the side effects of medicine please suggest anything what is the problem, any help would be appreciated.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

126 Positive Reviews

Headache can be a part of ur depressive disorder but for headache of such severity u should also visit neurologist to rule out other causes of headache .

Post Owner

the severity was quite low before taking the medicine or going to the psychiatrist but after taking the medicine it's severity has gone up and since then I have constant headache. so I am unsure that it is due to medicine or I still needed to go the neurologist.

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh
Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 126 Positive Reviews

It can be due to antidepressant if it was not present of this severity before using the medication. Consult ur psychiatrist for antidepressant that better suits you .

4 years ago

Post Owner

yes the headache of this severity was not present before the medication. Thanks for the help I will ask my psychiatrist to change my medication that suits me better. thanks again.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories