Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Jitters In Sleep And Shaky Feeling During Day Time

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Karach

I was prescribed citanew 5 mg for generalized anxiety disorder. I was asked to take 2.5 mg for 3 week then move to 5 mg and then after a week to 10mg. When I took 10 mg I got so many jitters in the sleep and I consulted my psychiatrist who said it’s not suiting me and I am sensitive to side effects of medicines so I should avoid medicines and go for cognitive therapy. I have left citanew since three days and day before yesterday I didn’t get jitters but again as soon as I sleep I get jitters and wake up. My psychiatrist said take qusel 25 1/4 tablet for jitters occasionally. I took it yesterday and since I have woken up my head is so heavy and I feel like throwing up. My tummy is also getting upset and I just can’t understand what’s going around me because of the heavy headedness. How should I get this medicine out of my system ASAP? Also, are these jitters part of the withdrawal symptoms of citanew or what? Why are they happening? I am so scared of falling asleep because of these

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ilyas

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ilyas - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

33 Positive Reviews

withdrawal effects of SSRIs occur when taken for longer periods and then abruptly withdrawn. the condition you are describing some time happens when SSRIs are started. these will subside within few days, relax, don't worry, if feel anxiety take tab alprazolam 0.25mg.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories