Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Memory Issues

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 20 years old, Karachi

I’m a medical student, and I do study regularly but I keep forgetting stuff. I cannot regain things learnt over long time and everytime before exam or test I feel like I need to ready the whole topics again even if I have studied it a day before. Other wise I do have a sharp memory, I do remember the slightest of things from years and also I do retain info not necessary or useful for me.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1390 Positive Reviews

Welcome, this is called poor concentration which occurs in stressful situations because due to stress brain can not retain information and forgets things easily, and you have exam related stress and anxiety, it is very important to identify your thought during this situation that what do you think related to exam and the results? Try to relax yourself, have good sleep in night, study in day time, have 30 minutes walk daily, rehydrate yourself, healthy diet, discuss with your study group and do not think/ worry about the results because this is uncontrollable variable. Thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for consulting us! So these are difficulties in recalling recent memory for which you don't have to worry, under-some particular circumstances this happens when your mind is gets very busy in multiple things or when we do multitasking. To me this does not require any medicine.
Do Deep Breathing, see principles of sleep hygiene from net, daily exercise for half an hour and progressive muscle relaxation let us know the things after couple of weeks.

Psychiatrist in Kandiaro - Dr. Ghulam Rasool Rind Baloch

Dr. Ghulam Rasool Rind Baloch - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Kandiaro

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

Welcome in this forum.
My colleagues Doctors already mentioned well in this forum if you follow these suggestions result fruitful in long term.
Most of times students develop myth of memory problem which can be cleared by couseling session nd it can be increased with suggestions about change in reading style, relaxation training, routine excercise, giving up some drinks nd foods etc to reduce stress etc...
Finally should be ruled out for undetected anxiety nd/ depression which are not un- common even among medical students.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories