Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Mental Health

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 15 years old, Karachi

A very dear friend of mine recently lost her mother a day before her boards and since then her life is constantly falling apart. She pretends to be okay when she is not. she cries herself to sleep which I know is because of the magnitude of the trauma. I acknowledge her pain. But the thing that disturbs me is that she has started liking violence. She's seeing things and hearing voices.She is suffering from anxiety , regret , sorrow, lifelessness ,nothingness . The desire to live is no more. She feels heavy weight on her shoulders and chest ...... weight of losing the most precious relations, weight of unsaid things , actions or what not. She feels like someone is pulling her from her legs and her eyes start hurting. I've been providing her a listening ear and trying not to invalidate her grief as everyone else. But now by breaking my word I want to actually help her besides only listening. I am seeking professional help on her behalf.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1410 Positive Reviews

Welcome, she needs professional help for proper assessment and management, she exhibits the grief reaction which has many form apart from normal grief, if she is not willing to go to the psychiatric betters to visit a good psychologists for initial assessment and grief counselling, if required she would be referred to the psychiatric. Thanks

Post Owner

Thanks for responding. Yes she is not willing or you could in her right state of mind to visit any psychiatry expert though she has agreed to consult online. Should I go for it? I am looking for a psychologist who is good at handling patients even online. I don't wanna delay it further.

4 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

Dear concerned person, I appreciate your efforts for your friend. according to your post it seems like your friend is in deep depression of grief therefore it is highly recommended to consult a psychologist at the earliest. she'll be fine soon.

Post Owner

Thanks for taking time out to respond. I would have taken her to a psychiatry expert but she is not able to because of circumstances and unwillingness. I am currently looking for good psychologist for online consultation who is as sincere as he's with other patients. I plan to arrange an appointment as early as possible

4 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz
Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 119 Positive Reviews

you can consult me through marham.pk online video clinic any time call 042-32591427, for appointment

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Beenish Salman

Dr. Beenish Salman - Psychiatrist

MBBS, Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine, Diploma in CBT | Karachi

review-stars

110 Positive Reviews

Dear, though your friend has passed through a trauma, but symptoms you are excessive in relation to that.. There are cases when depression turns into psychosis and we deal it accordingly. her thorough assessment is needed, we also need to rule out organic causes of behaviour change.. I would suggest to take her to psychiatrist for proper Evaluation and diagnosis.. Between this type of condition can be life threatening, so you should get her treated early as these conditions are treatable fortunately..

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani

Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Yes, she needs Psychiatrist opinion. As she has suffered a major loss of life, her symptoms show that she is in grief reaction that can be normal or abnormal, that will be diagnosed after detailed assessment. But apparently it looks that she needs psychiatric treatment. so if u can bring her to my OPD for consultation, u r welcome. Thank you

Post Owner

Thanks for responding sir. Do you consult online too? As she is not able to visit because of circumstances. I am looking for a psychiatry expert who is good at handling patients online. Later maybe after a few consultation the patient could
visit if needed.

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 1410 Positive Reviews

Welcome, yes you can find the profile at marham platforms and can get an online appointment. Thanks

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani
Dr. Ajay Kumar Nankani - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 45 Positive Reviews

Yes u can get appointment for online consultation with me on marham website.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks to all of you. I will definitely be taking help of a professional this week.

Member of Marham-Forum

please book your appointment i am sure i can help you out

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories