Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Non-specfic ECG

person-avatar

Asking for Brother, Male, 24 years old, Lahore

Can anxiety make non-specfic findings in ECG? May brother had also anxiety history 3 years ago. What does it mean by non-specfic ecg even all blood tests and Echo are normal?? My brother had done ECG 4 months ago in emergency doctor said ecg is fine but heart beat is little bit low it was 54. Or ap ek may Hospital ja ker check krwa lain bs. My brother was doing daily excercise from 2 last year he was physically very fit. But after listen this my brother got very panicked. After one hour we went to the mayo hospital doctor checked previous ecg and said its normal but just for sure you can do one more ecg here. We had done ecg there and heartbeat was 92 but doctor (i think they were house officers or medical officers who checked that ecg) your last ecg was normal but this ecg showing some changes. My brother was in very panic situation at that time after 10-15 minutes they said ap PIC ja kr check krwa lein wo apko explain kr de. We went there and did one more ecg there and i told the w

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq

Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

Your question is not complete probably

Post Owner

What is incomplete?

4 years ago

Post Owner

My brother is having severe anxiety just because of his ecg had non specific changes in ecg we have consulted multiple leading cardiologists of lahore they have tested his CBC, Lipid profile, rft . Sugar and 2d Echo but all tests were normal. My question is why there is non specific changes in ecg if this is not heart related??

4 years ago

Post Owner

Before it happened he was doing daily excercise but one he had chest pain and then he went for ecg checkup and then this whole thing started. He developed the same symptoms as the heart Paitent after hear that his ecg has non specific changes. He left excercise , he left even walking he said when he do something he feels something in his chest now

4 years ago

Post Owner

Every cardiologist said this is just cause of anxiety. But he is not admitting it and every second just spend on internet to search for heart disease.

4 years ago

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

Non specific is a vague term. You should ask about any specific change. In general non specific has no significant if cardiologist clears

Post Owner

Just because of excessive worry now sometimes he got high bp as well

4 years ago

Post Owner

Some cardiologist said to consult with psychiatrist. Because before that ecg, he was totally fine. 4 months ago our sister had passed away after her delivery. Just after one week my brother had chest discomfort after dinner so thats whole thing started. I think there house officers or MO who were non-cardiologist. Onho kuch usko dara dea hy and now he is totally off from his life.

4 years ago

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

Non specific changes are indications that ecg is in conclusive therefore rely on other investigations, physical examination and history. If these are normal then just relax. Ecg it self is not conclusive. Always interpret it in the light of history and examination.

Post Owner

Well we are very worried about him because after that false interpretation of that junior doctor makes a huge bad impact on his life. He left his MBA . He lost his job. He just spends his time to search about the heart related things and created alot of symptoms like chest pain shoulder tension and sometimes high blood pressure. Now these things are happening just of anxiety. That boy who is used to spend 2 hours in a gym now he got fear to go gym. What should we do mow

4 years ago

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

This is a typical development of a case of anxiety. You need not to do anything except go to psychiatrist with all investigations . This is a typical case of anxiety disorder.

Post Owner

We have already invested alot of money on cardiologists but nothing came up. So we are not understanding about what we should now?

4 years ago

Post Owner

And can anxiety cause non specific change on ECG??

4 years ago

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

Please see personally

Post Owner

I am sorry i didn't understand by see personally??

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories