Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Pain, Headache Depression

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 23, Lahore

Hi. i have been diagnosed with clinical depression. i am taking some antidepressants and epival tab. I have no energy to work and I can't get up in the morning due to pain specially in limbs and back. i also have headache all the time. i am unable to function properly It has been more than 2 weeks. doctor said it is due to depression. can someone suggest me fighting the pain any tablets or things that I can do to lower the pain. painkillers like ansaid etc doesn't seems to work well. I can't do work due to pain. please help

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Uquaily

Dr. Ayesha Uquaily - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) , MRCPsych (London) | Karachi

review-stars

321 Positive Reviews

Sometimes depression presents with pain and this pain will go as depression starts getting better.Antidepressants take some time to work, atleast 4 to 6 weeks to kick in so please be patient and don’t stop the medication.Meanwhile I understand it’s not easy to bear the pain so just take simple paracetamols 2 tabs twice a day and if pain is still severe u can take it even thrice a day.The antidepressant dose needs to be adjusted too over time .

Post Owner

i have been on 75mg efoxer for 3 weeks and have been taking 150mg efoxer for 1 week but nothing seems to be improving. i am also taking therapy sessions. for pain I tried nuberal forte but it doesn't seem to work either. I will try paracetamol. thanks if there is any other suggestions to gain energy or to reduce pain please let me know

4 years ago

Post Owner

*efexor

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Uquaily
Dr. Ayesha Uquaily - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) , MRCPsych (London) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 321 Positive Reviews

We generally under estimate paracetamol here in Pakistan whereas in west that’s the only preferred pain killer but in the right dose which is 1 gm.The dose increment was done only a week ago so too early to say that it’s ineffective..give it some time..It might need further dosage increase as it’s not the optimum dose yet..that would be done after assessment .Thanks

4 years ago

Post Owner

okay thanks, I will take the paracetamol for the pain and will continue to take the efexor. thank you for the support.

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1413 Positive Reviews

Welcome, you need to mention the duration of your depression and which antidepressant medication you are using and since how long, if symptoms persists even after sufficient duration of medication then you should visit your treating doctor to discuss the other possible causes of the pain other then depression like Vitamin D3 deficiency, calcium, Serum B12 level. Hemoglobin level. or if underlying medical conditions has been evaluated then you may need to re-view your treatment and may need counselling session if required. Thank you

Post Owner

Hi thanks for the reply. i have been taking antidepressants from 1st of August. i was on brintellix then I switched to efoxer because brintellix was not working. i have been taking 75mg of efoxer per day for 3 weeks and for 1 week I have been taking 150mg of efoxer per day, so it has been total a month I have been taking efoxer. but the pain is quite severe. are there any deficiency test for the vitamin or problem you mentioned please let me know. so I can have the test taken

4 years ago

Post Owner

*efexor

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq

Prof. Dr. Ismail Tariq - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, MCPS (PSYCHIATRY), FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Lahore

review-stars

323 Positive Reviews

I have seen the response of different clinicians to your problem, they have nicely examined the possibility of different factors. I would enter just briefly that headache is perhaps among the most complex symptom . There are many psychosocial factors involve in it, it would be better if you discuss in detail to your doctor and therapist before searching new options and if they are unhelpful you can change your doctor and therapist.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories