Book Video Consultation
Stay Home
No Waiting in lines
Audio/Video Call
PMC Verified Doctors
Asking for Self, Female, 23 years old, Rawalpindi
*Assalamualaikum Doctor,*
I had a *heartbreak 1 week ago*. At first I was okay and satisfied.
*The panic started at night* - I was thinking about it and ChatGPT was open. I was trying to calm myself but suddenly my breathing became fast and it turned into a *panic attack*: - Shortness of breath - Fast heart rate - Severe shaking in my legs - Felt like something bad would happen to me - My mom gave me water and it took a long time to calm down
*The next day* the same thing happened again but without shaking. Only fast heartbeat and panic.
After that I saw a doctor and have been taking these medicines for *10 days*: 1. *Omeprazole* - 30 minutes before breakfast 2. *Megamin Mecobalamin / B12* - after breakfast 3. *Galaxy Fluoxetine* - at 7 PM
*Current problems:* 1. *No improvement in anxiety* after 10 days. I still feel panic and stress all the time 2. *Sleep problems* - even with Galaxy Fluoxetine, sleep comes late and is not enough 3. *When I think about the heartbreak I get panic*. I try to resolve it in my mind but it's over. I need patience to accept it and move on. 4. *Sometimes stress starts, I get panic* thinking "maybe something will happen to me". Then I feel hyper, heavy heart, *ghabrahat/restlessness*, and panic when I think about the heartbreak 5. *Burping and weakness after eating*. I was avoiding sugar because of anxiety
*My questions:* 1. Is there any medicine that gives instant relief from anxiety and ghabrahat? 2. Or does Galaxy Fluoxetine take more time to work? 3. What can I do for sleep?
Thank you
Wa alaikum assalam. Thank you for reaching out. Threat alarm of your body is getting falsely activated here. And then the vicious cycle of symptoms is keeping it activiated and you feel threatened “ may be something will happen to me “ . You need to deactivate this falsely activated threat alarm and break the cycle. Do relaxation exercises/ progressive muscle relaxation exercises. Live an active life style . Develop a support group. Do not spend time alone. Avoid caffeine containing drinks. Avoid late night meals. Fluoxetine will take 2-4 wks to have its effects. If you ever feel insecure or develop thoughts of harming your self then immediately talk to your friend /family member and consult a psychiatrist. Help mis available. You are never alone.
Book your appointment. We can discuss it in detail
Patient
Post Owner
I was not doing well and was feeling stress all day , doctor is saying me to switch fluoxetine with paroxetine 12.5 mg and say Me to take inderal 10 mg 2 times a day. Should I start it? Age 23 , BP normally 113
1 month ago