Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Persistent Anxiety And Low Mood After Insomnia

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 28 years old, Lahore

Assalam-o-Alaikum Doctor,

Kindly refer my case to a ( psychiatrist ) if appropriate. Based on your advice, I would also like to proceed with an online video consultation for further evaluation and management.

In March 2023, I started taking a Vitamin B12 supplement (Methylcobalamin 1200 mcg), one capsule every 2–3 days. I continued taking this supplement until May 10, 2023.

Initially, I had no problems. However, after April 10, 2023, I started experiencing sleep problems. My sleep became irregular; I would have 2 sleepless nights, followed by about 3 nights of normal sleep. This pattern continued from April 10 to May 10, 2023. At that time, I was not sure whether the Vitamin B12 supplement was the cause of the insomnia.

Between May 10 and May 15, I experienced severe insomnia and was unable to sleep properly for about 5 days. I stopped taking the supplement on May 10. After May 15, my sleep gradually returned to normal and has remained normal since then.

After this episode of insomnia, I began experiencing the following symptoms:

* Mild Anxiety * Low mood * General body weakness * A feeling that my brain is more sensitive or slightly overactive than usual * Stomach issues, especially frequent belching

Even now, in 2026, I still experience mild anxiety and low mood, and I feel that my overall physical and mental health has not fully returned to how it was before this episode.

**My questions are:**

* What could be the reason for my persistent mild anxiety and low mood after such a long time? * Why does my overall health still not feel fully recovered? Thank you.

Homeopath in Karachi - Homeopathic Psychologyist Dr. Basit Chawla

Homeopathic Psychologyist Dr. Basit Chawla - Homeopath

DHMS, Clinical psychologist | Karachi

review-stars

135 Positive Reviews

Aap ka masla bohat jald aur thori si medicine se bilkul theek ho sakta hai, fikar na karein. Tafseel se baat kar lein, kindly online mere appointment book kar lain



0

0

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Ayasha Mumraz

Dr. Ayasha Mumraz - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MCPS(Psychiatry),DHPE | Lahore

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

Need to take a detailed history


0

0

Psychologist in Islamabad - Anum Riaz

Anum Riaz - Psychologist

M.Phil. Applied Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

85 Positive Reviews

I understand how concerning it can feel when anxiety and low mood continue even after your sleep has improved. These symptoms can have different psychological or physical factors, and a proper assessment can help identify what may be maintaining them.

You don’t have to manage this alone. I’d recommend an online counseling session for a detailed assessment and supportive guidance. We can discuss your symptoms, sleep history, stress factors, and coping strategies together.



0

0

Member of Marham-Forum

Post Owner

مارچ 2023 میں میں نے وٹامن B12 (Methylcobalamin 1200 mcg) لینا شروع کیا، ایک کیپسول ہر 2–3 دن بعد۔ میں نے یہ سپلیمنٹ 10 مئی 2023 تک استعمال کیا۔

ابتدا میں مجھے کوئی مسئلہ نہیں تھا۔ لیکن 10 اپریل 2023 کے بعد مجھے نیند کے مسائل شروع ہوئے۔ میری نیند بے قاعدہ ہو گئی؛ 2 راتیں بالکل نیند نہیں آتی تھی، پھر تقریباً 3 راتیں نارمل نیند آتی تھی۔ یہ سلسلہ 10 اپریل سے 10 مئی 2023 تک جاری رہا۔ اُس وقت مجھے یقین نہیں تھا کہ آیا وٹامن B12 اس بے خوابی کی وجہ ہے یا نہیں۔

10 مئی سے 15 مئی کے درمیان مجھے شدید بے خوابی ہوئی اور تقریباً 5 دن تک ٹھیک سے نیند نہیں آئی۔ میں نے 10 مئی کو سپلیمنٹ بند کر دیا۔ 15 مئی کے بعد میری نیند دوبارہ نارمل ہو گئی اور تب سے اب تک ٹھیک ہے۔

اس بے خوابی کے بعد مجھے درج ذیل علامات محسوس ہونے لگیں:

بے چینی (Anxiety)

اداسی یا Low Mood

جسمانی کمزوری

دماغ کا معمول سے زیادہ حساس یا اوور ایکٹو محسوس ہونا

معدے کے مسائل، خاص طور پر بار بار ڈکاریں آنا

اب 2026 میں بھی مجھے ہلکی بے چینی اور Low Mood محسوس ہوتا ہے، اور مجھے لگتا ہے کہ میری مجموعی صحت ابھی تک پہلے جیسی مکمل طور پر بحال نہیں ہوئی۔

میرے سوالات:

اتنے عرصے بعد بھی ہلکی بے چینی اور Low Mood کی کیا وجہ ہو سکتی ہے؟

میری مجموعی صحت اب تک مکمل طور پر پہلے جیسی کیوں محسوس نہیں ہوتی؟

شکریہ۔

Clinical Psychologist in Islamabad - Ayesha Nazir

Ayesha Nazir - Clinical Psychologist

M.Sc. Applied Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

You need psychological sessions and therapies to treat your problems because your root cause is still there and you haven't take any treatment about that, so consult a psychologist .



0

0

Attach Photo here: