Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on PSychologist Or Psychiatrist Advice Needed

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 18 years old, Islamabad

Writing

I’m 18 and have struggled with mental health issues since around age 13. I’ve taken medications on and off and seen multiple psychiatrists, but I’ve never received a clear diagnosis or treatment that consistently works. My symptoms have included poor focus and memory, mental numbness, isolation, difficulty getting out of bed, and being unable to study like I used to. I was once a brilliant student, but my performance has declined badly. Sometimes I improve, then the symptoms return. Now my condition is getting much worse. I have frequent brain/head pain, a constantly racing heart, severe anxiety, difficulty focusing, frequent chest pain (especially at night), and serious sleep problems. Even after sleeping, I wake up exhausted. At night, my mind sometimes enters an intense state of fear or panic for no obvious reason. I’ve wondered if this could be ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, or something else, but I don’t want to self-diagnose. I just want a proper diagnosis and treatment so I can get back to normal. Should I see a psychiatrist, psychologist,? I’d really appreciate advice

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ayub Baloch | Consultant Psychiatrist | Fcps (Gold Medalist)

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ayub Baloch | Consultant Psychiatrist | Fcps (Gold Medalist) - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS Psychiatry ( Gold-Medalist ), Fellow, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan, Certificated Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Consultant Psychiatrist & Expert in the treatment of Psychiatric, Neuropsychiatric, Drug addiction & Sexual disorders | Karachi

review-stars

581 Positive Reviews

آپ کی بات سے سب سے اہم چیز یہ سامنے آتی ہے کہ 13 سال کی عمر سے علامات موجود ہیں اور اب پڑھائی، concentration، sleep اور روزمرہ functioning واضح طور پر متاثر ہو رہی ہے۔ اس مرحلے پر میری ترجیح پہلے psychiatrist سے comprehensive assessment ہوگی، صرف psychologist سے نہیں۔ ADHD، depression، anxiety یا bipolar disorder میں کچھ علامات ایک جیسی ہو سکتی ہیں، اس لیے پچھلی treatment history، childhood symptoms، mood changes، sleep، functioning اور physical health کو ایک ساتھ دیکھنا ضروری ہے۔ بعد میں psychologist/therapy کو treatment plan میں شامل کیا جا سکتا ہے۔ آپ کے recurrent chest pain اور مسلسل racing heartbeat کو صرف anxiety سمجھنا بھی مناسب نہیں؛ ان کا medical assessment بھی کروائیں، خصوصاً اگر درد شدید ہو، سانس پھولے یا چکر/بے ہوشی ہو۔ Marham پر detailed psychiatric appointment لے سکتے ہیں اور اپنی previous prescriptions ساتھ رکھیں۔ درست formulation بننے کے بعد recovery کی سمت کافی واضح ہو سکتی ہے۔ ڈسکلیمر: یہ آن لائن معلومات عمومی رہنمائی کے لیے ہیں، مکمل تشخیص یا ذاتی علاج کا متبادل نہیں۔ اگر علامات شدید ہوں، مسلسل بڑھ رہی ہوں، یا خود کو نقصان پہنچانے کے خیالات آئیں تو فوری طور پر مستند ماہر سے رابطہ کریں۔


0

0

Member

Post Owner


My previous experience with psychiatrist are not that good they just ask one or 2 questions and prescribe me some antidepressants but they have not worked for me

3 weeks ago

Homeopath in Karachi - Homeopathic Psychologyist Dr. Basit Chawla

Homeopathic Psychologyist Dr. Basit Chawla - Homeopath

DHMS, Clinical psychologist | Karachi

review-stars

131 Positive Reviews

Aap ka masla homeopathic medicine se bilkul theek ho skta ha, fikr na krain, kindly online appointment la alain


0

1

Psychiatrist in Islamabad - Dr. Usman Ahmad

Dr. Usman Ahmad - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS Psychiatrist | Islamabad

review-stars

92 Positive Reviews

I completely understand why you feel hesitant after having a bad experience before. You don't have to force yourself to trust another psychiatrist immediately. Change your psychiatrist and if you feel heard , respected and comforatble ; you may continue the treatment. We need to assess you in detail and then if need be then na psychologist can be incorporated in the treatment. Help is available.


0

0

Clinical Psychologist in Islamabad - Ayesha Nazir

Ayesha Nazir - Clinical Psychologist

M.Sc. Applied Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

You need psychological sessions and therapies to treat your problems if feasible book your appointment



0

0

Attach Photo here: