Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Sleep Issues

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 24, Rawalpindi

Hi, I am having very complicated issue with sleeping.

Since my childhood, I can't stand people snoring, talking or breathing near me when I try to sleep. it got worse with each passing day. my sister has breathing issues and she breathes loud and as a result I can't sleep with her or anyone in same room. I try my best to ignore and sleep but it doesn't get better. Even sound of water dropping from the tap from washroom next to my room disturbs my sleep. now a days, kids make alot of noise in neighborhood and it disturbs me alot. my family is very disturbed because of me they think i am crazy or I am a cruel, heatless person who doesn't like people but trust me it is not. People calling me crazy for this makes me wanna take my own life. i am not crazy. please help.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Aneel Shafi Sir please help

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aneel Shafi

Dr. Aneel Shafi - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Lahore

review-stars

386 Positive Reviews

Your problem needs further exploration. is it only disturbed sleep or do you stay anxious generally as well?in anxiety conditions this increased sensitivity may appear as a part of a larger disorder. Do you get disturbing thoughts? A definitive plan of action can only be made after thorough assessment. in case of isolated sleep difficulty ,cognitive behavioural therapy by a psychologist can greatly help.

Post Owner

Hi,

I have anxiety and depression issues too.It gets severe some time and little things disturb me.
I am aware of my mental health but never went to a psychiatrist because I have been trying to meditate on my own.

but this sleep issue is realy disturbing.

5 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aneel Shafi
Dr. Aneel Shafi - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 386 Positive Reviews

you must visit a psychiatrist. it is an easily manageable disorder. Don't suffer in silence.in my video on marham I have discussed anxiety disorders. you can watch that too.

5 years ago

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Faisal Farid

Dr. Faisal Farid - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), CCT General and Adult Psychiatry (UK), Diploma Clinical Neuro psychiatry (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

583 Positive Reviews

Hi there, from the symptoms you describe it seems you have insomnia secondary to possibly mental health difficulties. You will need a comprehensive review of your mental state and support accordingly. I am happy to assist if my help is needed. Best wishes

Post Owner

thanks doc. Can I see you between 10am and 11:00am at your clinic today?

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories