Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Depression,anxiety

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 29 years old, Mianwali

I have been diagnosed Major depressive disorder and general anxiety.I have approached number psychiatrist and doctors. They recommended me medicines like xanax, brinteloex, paroamax,cispralex etc.I have used these for two plus years. But the did not reduce my problem instead lead to undesirable side effects which i despise. Now i quit the medicine since two months these medicines made me so numb and lady that it was hard to do job. Now i am dealing problems without medicine. Can these problems be sorted out by psychologist only because i have pledged now that i will not use medicine in future in any case. One important question directed to Miss Dr. Ayesha Shahid Sheikh is that if it is possible to sort out the problem through therapy than how many session will i have to take and after how much interval as i am doing job and it is quite impossible for me to frequently visit the lahore ,thanks

Psychologist in Karachi - Aisha Akhlaq

Aisha Akhlaq - Psychologist

BS(Psychology), MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

take online sessions then, easier and as per your feasibility

Member of Marham-Forum

8 to 12 session is necessary for therapy and techniques....

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Rabia Tanveer

Ms. Rabia Tanveer - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), Diploma (Clinical Psychology), BTTC (Behavioral Therapy Training Course), ADCP, Training of Addiction Professionals of Pakistan, DHMS | Gujranwala

review-stars

2218 Positive Reviews

Aoa .. you can call me through marham.I will help you all....tc

Psychologist in Lahore - Prof. Sabah Munir

Prof. Sabah Munir - Psychologist

BS (Psychology), MS (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

U can call me through Marham for this almost 12 sessions are compulsory if it is not possible to come u can take session online

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Saba Shabbir Sheikh

Ms Saba Shabbir Sheikh - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), MSC (Clinical Psychology), Advance Diploma Clinical Psychology (ADCP) | Lahore

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

Kindly consult once at clinic
In 7-8 sessions you will be recovered IA

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

aoa. thank you for the question.
In depression, a person goes through a number of thought process that have a problem. with the help of psychological therapy, a therapist, helps in highlighting the thought problem and then give skills to client in order to overcome them.
in most cases a combo of meds and therapy works perfectly. i suggest you continue with both.

if we talk about number of sessions, there is a different case for everyone. On average the sessions go from 7/8 in number or can be increased or decreased in some cases to.
Best Regards

Psychologist in Lahore - Mr. Ibrahim Siawash

Mr. Ibrahim Siawash - Psychologist

MS, Diploma in Hypnotherapist (USA), Diploma in Neurolinguistic Programming | Lahore

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Yes there are several psychotherapeutic interventions that can help.
Not an easy road ahead but you WILL be fine.

Psychologist in Lahore - Sanam Khalid

Sanam Khalid - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

you need to work on your thought patterns and also the behaviors which are followed by thoughts. your problem is treatable and yes a psychologists is the one who can help you. but medicines are important for the imbalanced brain chemicals. taking both the treatments (therapy and medicine) will be more effective. usually 12 sessions are enough but it depends on the clients motivation. it depends. and yes you can take online session which will be more feasible for you. May you find happiness and peace. Good luck
Regards

Psychologist in Lahore - Fidak Zahra

Fidak Zahra - Psychologist

BS (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

17 Positive Reviews

Of course. Therapy can solve the problem. Medicine have several side effects. To prrdict exact No of session is difficult but approximately 10 sessions of 60 mins. will be doing good.

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

you may consult me through Marham.pk and I'll help you out to solve your problem

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

you are in need of an expert for some time

seek online or one to one clinic session

You will improve with a few therapeutic meetings as needed

https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Regards,
Clinical Psychologist and Nutritional Advisor

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment