Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Drug Abuse

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 21 years old, Lahore

My friend is using drugs (heroine) for past 4 5 months. He is not ready for coming to rehab is it possible to deal with this at home after some medications?

Member of Marham-Forum

Unfortunately drug addiction can only be treated through proper intervention as it is not an easy task to overcome the addiction by oneself. If he is not ready to go to rehab he can take weekly sessions with a psychologist. But the most important part is that he has to want to overcome the addiction. No one can force an addict to overcome an addiction.

Psychologist in Karachi - Munawar Zulfiqar

Munawar Zulfiqar - Psychologist

BA Hons (BM) UK | Karachi

review-stars

101 Positive Reviews

First he himself wants to overcome this habit.. if he don't no one can force him.
So family need to give him time and try to address problem and take him to rehab.
it will take time but doable with proper counseling and support by family.

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Mehrunissa Ayub

Mehrunissa Ayub - Psychologist

BS (Hons). Psychology | Gujranwala

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Perhaps it is difficult to deal with such cases at home but it is possible. What you need to do is to provide him care and also ask his family to deal him with attention.
Give him some dose of responsibilities so he feel his importance to family.
For more info I'm available 24 hours dear.

Post Owner

Ma'am do we need any medications to do it at home? He has reduced his dose since then :)

5 years ago

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Mehrunissa Ayub
Mehrunissa Ayub - Psychologist

BS (Hons). Psychology | Gujranwala | Book Appointment

review-stars 9 Positive Reviews

Medication is always alternate when you loss your will to change your habit. Drug addiction is just a habit. So, you can set session of your friend with any psychologist to get more consultation

5 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

If he is not able to go to a rehab, take him to a Clinical Psychologist. They will be able to psychoeducate them in order to have them insight about the problem, so they might be able to go to a rehab.

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Sumra Amjad

Sumra Amjad - Psychologist

Msc (Psychology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Inhen  reply man ne karna ga kia

Psychologist in Lahore - Tahira Maalik

Tahira Maalik - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma In Clinical Psychology), NLP (Hypnotherapist), MSc Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

180 Positive Reviews

yes u can continue his treatment after detoxification. u can visit my clinic as well. Friendztable near nawaz sharief interchange

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ayesha Mustafa

Ayesha Mustafa - Psychologist

Masters in Clinical Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

well its important to convince him,its often difficult for a person this quit habit as dependency is alot.
if your friend is ok tell him to consult me on call and just talk about his concerns . I'll motivate him and help him the best i can

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

This drug has 90% addiction rate and needs regular counseling and rehabilitation ....
https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories