Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Loss Of Appetite And Sleep

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 18 years old, Karachi

Assalamualaikum, I'm a new member here and I've my exams next month. I get stressed out alot and end up loosing my appetite and sleep Everytime. What can k do avoid this. Also i loose alot of weight, what can I do for maintaining my weight.

Psychologist in Karachi - Iqra Sarfaraz

Iqra Sarfaraz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

Wsalam, pressure of exam make you depress... consult with psychologist n find solution of your problem before exam... so that you are prepare to give exam mentally.... you can book appointment with me through Marham

Psychologist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tahira Yousaf

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tahira Yousaf - Psychologist

MSc, MPhil , PhD (Clinical Psychology), Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of Hypnosis, Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of NLP, Diplomas in Complementary Therapies of DBT | Karachi

review-stars

40 Positive Reviews

Walikum Salaam.

Anything that worries too much or disturbs a person results in losing appetite (for some) whereas some eat too much (comfort food).

You need to ask yourself why do exams cause you so much stress. Is it because you want to Ace every subject and top the class. OR because you have trouble recollecting. OR do your parents pressurise you in some way.

There are simple breathing exercises that you should do to calm yourself:
Put your hands on the side of your ribs (think bra strap)
Inhale and count to 4
Hold your breath for count of 7
Exhale while counting to 8.

Repeat 10 times.

I think doing this 3 times a day or more will benefit you. Good luck for your exams, and remember, studies and education is not everything. There is more to life than studies. Find what that is for you.

Madam since you've vast experience & knowledge, your kindly response is required on the following post related to Social Anxiety;
https://www.marham.pk/forum/psychologist/social-anxiety-1 4 3 3 8
(remove the spaces between numbers, it is one four three three eight)

5 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Sana Asad

Sana Asad - Psychologist

MSC (Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

There is lot of techniques to overcome exam anxiety and stress,...First of all I need to interview yourself to understand what kind of stress you are suffering from than I can suggest you some techniques for which you have to take appointment through this platform...Feel free to take appointment.

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Rabia Tanveer

Ms. Rabia Tanveer - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), Diploma (Clinical Psychology), BTTC (Behavioral Therapy Training Course), ADCP, Training of Addiction Professionals of Pakistan, DHMS | Gujranwala

review-stars

2211 Positive Reviews

waalaikum asalaaam........you can call me....book ur appointment through marham..tc

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Sobila Ali

Sobila Ali - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology ), PGD Speech Therapy | Faisalabad

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

W. salm dear I read your problem but Can you like me tell more about your stress I need to know the cause of anxiety why are you enough anxious about your exam? Have you not good preparation??? Have you thinking about other students that they have good preparation rather then you or anything else

Member of Marham-Forum

reschedule your routine and follow accordingly and do deep breathing and give positive suggestions to yourself to eliminate your anxiety. if you want you can also take a counselling session for anxiety management.

Psychologist in Lahore - Nida Ghani

Nida Ghani - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), BS (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

i need counseling

Psychologist in Lahore - Mr. Ibrahim Siawash

Mr. Ibrahim Siawash - Psychologist

MS, Diploma in Hypnotherapist (USA), Diploma in Neurolinguistic Programming | Lahore

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Try Hypnotherapy. First research on it then find a well known hypnotherapist.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories