Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Loss Of Sexual Desire

person-avatar

Asking for Husband, Male, 30 years old, Karachi

I have been married for 5 years and have 2 kids alhamdulillah.but my husband is least interested in being intimate. He gets intimate once in 4 to 5 months.he is not willing to go to a Dr for this as he thinks its normal he is just not interested.he is a hyperthyroidism patient and taking neo mercazole 1 tablet and inderal 10mg daily. Could his medication be the reason? Plz guide me what to do.

Psychologist in Lahore - Tahira Maalik

Tahira Maalik - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma In Clinical Psychology), NLP (Hypnotherapist), MSc Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

180 Positive Reviews

u can involve him in therapeutic sessions

Psychologist in Karachi - Aisha Akhlaq

Aisha Akhlaq - Psychologist

BS(Psychology), MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Hello,
I understand that at a certain age either of the partners back off on sexual desires, you need to see what you husband likes and how u can keep the attraction between you too. Usually the interest losens due to which partners start avoiding or finding interests
anywhere else, try to keep the charm and attention in your relationship.
If he does it once in 4 months then he does not have sexual problems or lacks desire, but if you feel he does, only talk to him when he is very comfortable to hear such things, bcz this can hurt his ego as a man.

Psychologist in Karachi - Sehr Khalid

Sehr Khalid - Psychologist

Masters (Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

You would have to ask a physician regarding this medication because medication does contribute to loss of sexual interest sometimes. Me being a psychologist wont b able to comment on medication but this thing definitely needs to be consulted with a doctor as
its not normal

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Patients with Hyperthyroidism experience loss of sex drive and they have episodes of increased sex drive like feeling to have sex after months. The problem with your husband is due to imbalance of thyroid hormone. If this imabalance gets corrected sex drive will get normal. So what to do.? The thing is doses of thyroid hormone should have to be corrected. He is taking inderal and mercaxole as you said. So make sure this dose he is taking is optimum or not. Consult your doctor who prescribed this dosage. Ask your doctor ,dosage is optimum or not. Probably dosage has to be increased. Check your husband hormonal profile. Your husband may need testosterone supplement after approval of your physician...
Don't Consult Psychologist,
Consult Doctor/Physician.
Be supportive and kind to your husband.
Your husband is Fit Ma-Sha-Allah.
Its just Thyroxin. Culprit.
Get it fixed. Get it balanced.
I am sure once medeicine dosage get fixed, he will love you.

Post Owner

JaxakALLAH khair dr!

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Hyperthyroidism creats an imbalance in hormones that ultimately effects mood and desires. What u can do is making her relax and joyful. Taking good care of health diet ,showing love and affection can minimize the complication.
Regards.

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

Hello

Thyroid is one of the factors, I suggest you to seek help from a therapeutic session for your husband to counsel him about how to take care partners need for intimacy, you may be feeling bad but try to communicate to him about how is it affecting you and your relationship too ...This is indeed a frustrating experience

https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ayesha Mustafa

Ayesha Mustafa - Psychologist

Masters in Clinical Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

no this is not due to medication but due to hyperthyriod it self that is causing his sexual desire to effect

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear patientI am glad you contacted me for your current issue related to your husband's lack of sexual urge. I would suggest you to consult some sexologist who will guide you better about his issue. Further, as far as I know this medicine can be a reason. But i would suggest you to take final and authentic opinion from someone who is specialzed in this area.Best of luck.

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Marina Khan

Marina Khan - Psychologist

BSHons(Clinical Psychology),MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Faisalabad

It is way better you consult with the physician first to exclude any medical reason behind his loss of sexual desires and if no medical reason adds in depth information then therapeutic sessions will be helpful in this regard.

Psychologist in Lahore - Nida Ghani

Nida Ghani - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), BS (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

first visit a physician if he recomnd any counseling sessions then visit a psychologist through Marham.

Member of Marham-Forum

Walaikum Assalam,

You can come on consult a psychologist where take an appointment. Before making any positive statement take a consultation session.

For further query
Contact with him

+92 042-32591427, 58

Thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist