Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Mental Health

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 20 years old, Karachi

I am asking for a 20 year old girl who has anxiety and depression. Has consulted around 3 experts until now. 2 psychologists who both did talk therapy and has taken medications also. From last therapy she felt a bit better but then She is again having sadness episodes and crying alot for no reason. She is sleeping off alot lately and sometimes in extreme sadness talks like dying is peaceful. (absolutely never suicidal). She has some teenage trauma also. Her parents arranged a online psychologist again for her but she got extremely angry at them. And now crying for arranging psychologist. Saying she isn't mad or these treatments aren't helping and she HAS NO DEPRESSION JUST ANXIETY. she is very reluctant to accept all this isn't normal despite her family observing her behavior. She gets angry at them for saying she is having a issue. Maybe she is now totally frustrated of her depressive episodes coming back again and again. She is absolutely reluctant of referring to any expert again be

Member of Marham-Forum

Please give her emotional support and tell its sometimes okay to be this way. She should talk to someone online also.

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Kashaf Tahir

Kashaf Tahir - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology , Hypnotherapist | Gujranwala

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Need more history about traumatic event n we also used hypnotherapy if she didnot want to recall her bad experienxes

Psychologist in Lahore - Bushra Ejaz

Bushra Ejaz - Psychologist

Bs Honors in Applied Psychology, MS in Clinical Psychology, Advanced Diploma in Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

She needs proper therapeutic sessions. An effective therapy requires compliance with treatment procedures and duration. Patients usually terminate sessions sooner than therapist recommended initially. It is necessary to comply with instructions as given by consultant. Consult a clinical psychologist for regular therautic sessions. In Shaa Allah she'll get better.

Psychologist in Islamabad - Nosheen Nasir

Nosheen Nasir - Psychologist

BS, MS in Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

first for a person have such experience it is very essential to have a supportive enivornement statements like" you have an issue" further esclate her emotional disturbances. rather statement like" we understand you" etc.

as you said she has taken therapies before there could be many reason but it could be that her past experiences that are rootcause of her depression has not been resolved.
you can encourage her to talk session in steps.
like first she can consult on text then to session.
you can contact me through noshin.nasir17@gmail.com. if she need to talk about any thing further.

Post Owner

Yes mam you are right. Her traumas haven't been addressed ever. Because she never told them ever. All the psychologist she has been to are family friends and so she fear they may tell it to her family. One or two time when she let it slip a bit they did tell that to her Family, resulting in her embarrassment as she feels.
Do you think its fine? And since she is reluctant right now to even get a session should I be advising her to open up?

3 years ago

BS, MS in Psychology | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

Only in very serious scenarios like sucide thoughts psychologist are supposed to share information with family otherwise we are strictly not allowed to share any information.
That is why she reluctant.
Encourage her that all psycholgists are not same everyone has there ethics and working style.
That is why i recommed that it will work for her to develop a connection through texting etc.

3 years ago

Post Owner

I see thankyou for guidance

3 years ago

BS, MS in Psychology | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

your welcome

3 years ago

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ms. Shamikha Batool

Ms. Shamikha Batool - Psychologist

BS Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

book your appointment with me .. for online or face to face session .. She will be fine Don't worry . You will feel difference after one sitting ....

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Aaiza

Ms. Aaiza - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Applied Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

For consultation book session at Marham.pk

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Nimra Bashir

Ms. Nimra Bashir - Psychologist

B.Sc (Psychology), M.Sc (Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma in Clinical Psychology) | Gujranwala

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

First of all, she must be informed that referring herself to ab psychologist doesn't mean that she is mad. Normal people also consult psychologist when they have any issue or when they can't manage things on their own. Even if their issues are minor.
As you reported that she accepts that she has anxiety, you might ask her to talk to a therapist for its management. Make her sure that she will not be prescribed, she only will be empowered with sone techniques that will help her manage her anxiety in future.
But if she still resists and is still reluctant for not having session, ask her family members to provide her with supportive environment and give her quality time.

B.Sc (Psychology), M.Sc (Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma in Clinical Psychology) | Gujranwala | Book Appointment

review-stars 15 Positive Reviews

Also, please provide information about the trauma she had experienced. As this might help us to better know her problem.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Trauma is related to not being loved enough in past.
Her last online psychologist did work on this matter. But she says (i think honestly) there is no particular reason of her sadness and sleeping alot and crying, this happens every few months. And maybe that is why she is reluctant of psychologist. What do you say? Also I feel that when she is extremely busy and doing a lot of hectic work then this happens.

3 years ago

B.Sc (Psychology), M.Sc (Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma in Clinical Psychology) | Gujranwala | Book Appointment

Feelings of not being loved is not defined as trauma. It might be her core belief or her schema. Which might reflect in the automatic thoughts that come to her mind which make her depressed.
For this, she must be referred to clinical psychologist who has expertise in dealing with depression. To be honest, there are some psychologists working who are not competent enough to deal certain issue. So be vigilant about that.

Try to convince her about sessions with expert psychologist by explaining her that going to psychologist will definitely not mean that she's mad. Every person in his or her life sometimes feel sad or depressed. That's completely okay. And going to psychologist might help her resolve her mood related issues.

3 years ago

If you want you may book an appointment with me through MARHAM
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/gujranwala/psychologist/ms-nimra-bashir

3 years ago

Psychologist in Islamabad - Sabiha

Sabiha - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), ADCP (Advance Diploma In Clinical Psychology) | Islamabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

book your appointment for counselling session

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Amber Bashir

Dr. Amber Bashir - Psychologist

PhD (scholar) Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology, CBT Practitioner, Hypnotherapist UK | Lahore

review-stars

717 Positive Reviews

it usually happens in chronic or repeated conditions.pt decides that treatment did nt work in the past so they reluctant or refuse to try it again and they feel less motivated...be patient and gentle with her and find a right time and place to discuss about her health concerns like the specific time when she feels bit relaxed and most probably alone then talk about her health issues first instead of directly taking about treatment

Post Owner

Thankyou mam. So its fine leaving treatment for now?

3 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Amber Bashir
Dr. Amber Bashir - Psychologist

PhD (scholar) Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology, CBT Practitioner, Hypnotherapist UK | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 717 Positive Reviews

yes, take a week or 2 .meanwhile,listen and validate her feelings.then find a quiet,calm and private place and tell her what r u seeing in her like I have noticed that u r eating less or you r sleeping late instead of saying ..."u r lazy" or "u r depressed"..or u have anxiety...i mean dont diagnose...bcz i think she already knew alot about symptoms and might b stigma is there....then tell her how important she is for u and also how her health matters for others..gradually,establish a close, safe and encouraging relationship with her...also ask her what fears she has for therapy or treatment eg,if she thinks therapy is a life long process then tell her u only need to take 8 to 16 sessions to ovetcome your problem.etc.

3 years ago

Psychologist in Jhelum - Ms. Anosha Jarral

Ms. Anosha Jarral - Psychologist

Msc. Psychology, Ms. Clinical Psychology | Jhelum

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

In my opinion she needs professional consultation may be she was not satisfied with her treatment before or environment around her keep pushing her back and she feel depressed it’s not like she is mad or something sensitive people perceive everything differently and sometimes overthink my suggestion to consult with professional btw I’m always here for further details you can consult and you can check my reviews and profile as well

Psychologist in Islamabad - Asst. Prof. Dr. Mr Umar

Asst. Prof. Dr. Mr Umar - Psychologist

M.Sc Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

yaa it happened unko continue krna chaye episode wapis ate hy jab tak fully recovered na ho Jae tab k psychologist therapy detey hein frustration is part of it unko normal lane k lye counselling dene pare ge

Psychologist in London - Dr. Nazool E Tabassum

Dr. Nazool E Tabassum - Psychologist

PhD. Cognitive Neuroscience, Coaching Psychology, MPhil Clinical Psychology | London

Dear! I can fully understand her point of view and why she is reluctant to speak to any health professional anymore. I work as Coaching Psychologist and use quite unique approach to such issues which is different from psychotherapy. Suggest her to speak to me. I offer free 20 minute session to make a person work. Search my name Facebook for contact

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Aaiza

Ms. Aaiza - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Applied Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

For online consultation book session at Marham.pk by visiting my profile to lay down problem and then we formulate a management plan

Psychologist in Lahore - Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman

Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman - Psychologist

Masters in Psychology, Diploma in Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology (Continue) | Lahore

review-stars

997 Positive Reviews

AOA. For the recovery of your psychological disorders, please do exercise / walk for 60 minutes. Have sound sleep of 8 hours daily. Drink 12 glass of water / liquid daily. Eat balance diet & protein diets. Take regular counseling sessions from a clinical psychologist. Then do meditation twice a day that YOU ARE GETTING BETTER. For further help contact me please thru marham.pk 042-32591427,

Post Owner

Thankyou very much sir for this guidance.

3 years ago

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Ms Shahida Iftikhar

Dr. Ms Shahida Iftikhar - Psychologist

M.Sc Psychology, Humanistic Counseling CPCAB UK, Qualified Cognitive Behavior Therapist | Rawalpindi

review-stars

61 Positive Reviews

Needs to talk as an adult with acceptance of her symtoms. Let she become incharge of her life to address her issues. Needs empathetic listening with giving her space to visit psychologist with her willingness as she is on medication ! All the best!

Psychologist in Multan - Dr. Amamah Ahmed

Dr. Amamah Ahmed - Psychologist

ADCP , PHD Clinical Psychology | Multan

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Aoa
don't worry at all jo b hai she'll be ok soon ....koi b disease tab tak vari ni hotii ja tak hum na sjh lein so isliy bht s problems hoty hain.
dont worry at all she can be ok ...you can contact me via marham or any contact.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories