Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Overthinking

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 19 years old, Lahore

Assalam o alaikum. My problem is that i always overthinking which had disturbs my life.I am a student when i sit for studing i cant study because a lot of thoughts came into my mind and distracts my study. This is happening to me for years

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Shumaiza Iqbal

Ms. Shumaiza Iqbal - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

more information and history needed for futher clarification. overthinking can be controlled by some exercises. you should take some theraputic sessions for better understanding of your problem.

Psychologist in Karachi - Ms. Sundas Sohail

Ms. Sundas Sohail - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), MPhil (Clinical Psychology), International Certified Diploma in Advance Addiction Sciences | Karachi

Being Mental Health Professional, I would suggest to first get you assessment done because detail history is needed whether these thoughts come only when you study or anytime etc
For now, you can practice thought stopping technique like whenever you have thought you need to learn saying STOP in a manner that you can hear your voice which breaks the thought cycle in your mind and start any task and get your self indulged doing that. Meanwhile you can do deep breathing exercise to make yourself relaxed and get diverted from that thought.
Again It is necessary to discuss this in detail. You can book your appointment with me through Marham.
InshAllah you will feel relaxed
Stay Blessed

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Maham Butt

Ms. Maham Butt - Psychologist

BS (Applied Psychology), MS (Clinical Psychology) | Gujranwala

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

Wa alaikum salam dear 🙂 u need to work on your thoughts stoping consult me through marham INSHA ALLAH u will be manage 🙂khush rhy r khushiyan banty 😊

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Maria Bilal

Ms. Maria Bilal - Psychologist

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

Hope you are doing fine.... with very little information that you presented here what you can do is start writing all those thoughts that are coming to your mind.... eventually you will end up tired, bored, fatigued or soon questioning yourself what are all these thoughts.... one by one answer them .... try this and also when you start something and thoughts start coming to you ... you loudly said to yourself to ✋🻠STOP.. or put your palm with full force on the wall or table or anything that is action to stop the thoughts.... try this and let me know if it works for you or not ... try it with full energy strength and lagan.... at least for a week Good Luck Take care of yourself

Post Owner

Mam plz also tell that,how to concentrate on one thing with full efficiency?

4 years ago

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 30 Positive Reviews

Studies? OR anything else?

4 years ago

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 30 Positive Reviews

Suppose you want to go outside and meet friends then make a schedule for studies make a target that you have to finish a certain topic in an hour otherwise you will not be able to go out .... involve some family member with you in this .... it’s like keep a reinforcer or reward for yourself that if you finish certain task in the required time then you will get the reward otherwise that reward will be minus or take away from you ....

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Maryam Arshad

Ms. Maryam Arshad - Psychologist

MSc Clinical psychology, PGDP Psychology | Lahore

Dear, you told very little information we need more history about ur issue then use CBT therapy to overcome ur issue. Distracting n techniques will be used. So u will contact and take session

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Nasreen Iqbal

Ms. Nasreen Iqbal - Psychologist

M.Sc (Clinical Psychology), Mphil (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Your complaint shows that your mind is suffering problem of obsessions.that means irresistible repetitive thoughts,you required to practice diversion exercises.just try the exercise,when mind indulge in thoughts start counting exercise like first cont uptil 20 in one breath then uptil 30,like this make the target difficult each time,try it how much help full otherwise other techniques could be tried

Psychologist in Islamabad - Masooma Ijaz

Masooma Ijaz - Psychologist

M-Phil Psychology, MSC Physical Health & Education | Islamabad

review-stars

63 Positive Reviews

You should share your thoughts in details with some professional

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ms. Shamsa Riaz

Ms. Shamsa Riaz - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), MSc Applied Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

You need to have psychotherapeutic sessions to overcome over thinking and channalize your thought process.

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Zohra Khalid

Ms. Zohra Khalid - Psychologist

MSc (Applied Psychology), Advance Diploma in Clinical Psychology, MS in (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

You have to practice mindfulness exercise for building your attention and concentration.... the ratinale of mindfulness exercise is to living in present with blocking the thoughts of past and future and the 2nd way is to consult the psychologist near to you for proper psychotherapic sessions

Post Owner

Assalm o alaikum.How to do mindful excercise to block thoughts of past and future?

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Samreen Naz Durrani

Samreen Naz Durrani - Psychologist

MS (Applied Psychology), Certificate in Depression A Compassionate View | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Our brain is like a kid and we have to be tricky with it . at time of study u need to focus on your subject for In stance be a teacher and teach your self meanwhile snub your negative thoughts with copping g statements I.e idc

Psychologist in Dera Ismail Khan - Maryam Siddique

Maryam Siddique - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), M.Phil (Clinical Psychology) | Dera Ismail Khan

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

you need some psychotherapy sessions..

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Young Man
Overthinking is a common issue with people having a sensitive disposition. You have to develop a deeper level of understanding of recurrent thoughts and the patterns these thoughts follow. Having a lot of productive, positive thoughts are better than being empty minded, right? So you have to differentiate that whether your thoughts are anxiety inducing or neutral ones? If they are worrying thoughts, you have to acquire better mindfulness which is possible through simple "Deep Breathing Exercises" and "Progressive Muscle Relaxation". I am sharing some useful links of such exercises in Urdu... as I don't know if which language you are comfortable with but you can have similar exercises out there in different language. Give it a try and keep us posted.
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2en3G5RPW7c&t=20s
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dm37WHUHfo&t=7s

Very best
Yasir

Thank you for your valuable information

4 years ago

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Don't worry just take appointment through marham for proper treatment inshaAllah you will be better in couple days

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories