Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Postpartum Depression

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 30 years old, Fsd

I delivered baby girl via c-section before 15 days. Now i am facing postpartum depression. I can’t eat properly, can’t sleep. Even i feel nothing after seeing my daughter. Sometimes feeling nausea and nowadays I’m having loose motions. My gynaecologist prescribed me Prozac once daily. Is this depression affecting my baby? What should i do more to get rid of this faster ?

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh

Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh - Clinical Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

78 Positive Reviews

postpartum depression is normal for alot of women. And it takes a consistent effort and struggle to maintain if you have supportive family and husband u ll definitely come out of it sooner but if you have sideline issues as well at home and pressure or multiple problems then its harder. I have just mentioned both the scenarios here if you have any one of them but if second one is the scenario then u need to visit someone for detailed discussion u ll feel alot more better INshaAllah what you can do for now is recite holy Quran and do deep breathing eat Healthy even if u dont feel like eating for the doll u just had she has yet so much to explore and you as a mother have a responsibility now. rest continue with the medication it ll help

Psychologist in Lahore - Aasia Mujtaba

Aasia Mujtaba - Psychologist

MSC (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

A lot of self care is needed in this situation. Dont be afraidor feel guilty for your feelings. it is a physical problem, imbalance of neurotransmitters. take medication regularly. get rest get help from family members for your responsibilities. go for psychotherapy if the situation didn't improve.

Psychologist in Karachi - Ms. Aisha Idris

Ms. Aisha Idris - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

Your depression will definitely affect your daughter. Please start sessions immediately.

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms. Maria Bilal

Ms. Maria Bilal - Psychologist

MS (Applied Psychology), Certified Hypnotherapist | Rawalpindi

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

Yes it can effect your baby to some extent. I can totally understand what you are going through and feeling . You can try to force yourself towards daily home chores and involve yourself with the baby giving bath, massage, talking with baby etc .... try to nurse the baby to bond with the baby... etc it’s better not to take the medicine and prefer talk to someone who ever you want to .... I can guide you give you a full day routine schedule and will see whether is it working for you or not ? If you can I would offer to talk to me I’m extremely hopeful you will start feeling better in no time Insha Allah do not worry

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories