Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Pre-Marital Counselling?

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 26 years old, Lahore

What is Pre-Marital counselling? What does it contains? I mean what is told/teach in it? (I'm asking with reference to both counselling to male & female.)

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Saba Shabbir Sheikh

Ms Saba Shabbir Sheikh - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), MSC (Clinical Psychology), Advance Diploma Clinical Psychology (ADCP) | Lahore

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

Premarital counseling is basically a guidance about how to go in a successful marriage relation

Post Owner

thanks for reply. Who must get this therapy? e.g those with anxiety, self-confidence/esteem issues

5 years ago

MS (Clinical Psychology), MSC (Clinical Psychology), Advance Diploma Clinical Psychology (ADCP) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 31 Positive Reviews

Yes
And those who feel they will not be able to handle marriags reltion in a good way

5 years ago

Post Owner

thanks. then, I think, It is also must for those who don't have or have very low interaction/talk with opposite sex.

5 years ago

MS (Clinical Psychology), MSC (Clinical Psychology), Advance Diploma Clinical Psychology (ADCP) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 31 Positive Reviews

Yes
Mostly people with social anxiety comes with this issue

5 years ago

Post Owner

thanks a lot for your replies. My last query, Is it recommended/appropriate for male with Social Anxiety to get counseling from female therapist? (Since he has Social Anxiety and severe hesitation to talk with females.)

5 years ago

Psychologist in Multan - Mohsin Abbas

Mohsin Abbas - Psychologist

MPhil Psychology ISP | Multan

review-stars

166 Positive Reviews

Couseling before marriage, to prepare for marriage, to overcome (maybe) the awkward feelings about marriage and how to handle the routine after marriage.

Post Owner

thanks for reply. Who would get most benefit of it? Who should/must get this type of counselling?

5 years ago

Psychologist in Multan - Mohsin Abbas
Mohsin Abbas - Psychologist

MPhil Psychology ISP | Multan | Book Appointment

review-stars 166 Positive Reviews

You are welcome
Some one who want to get married but might be afraid of it.
For some one who don't want to get married.

5 years ago

Post Owner

thank you so much, I would definitely get it. last question , How many sessions would have to get normally?

5 years ago

There is no hard n fast rule for the numbers of sessions but its up to the patiant that how much attention he/she give to her/him.

5 years ago

Post Owner

thank you so much.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Every Husband and Wife & those who are about to enter into wedding contract should watch this seminar ''Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage by MARK GUNGOR. Its available on youtube. He explains the psyche of man & woman, their thoughts, behaviour, emotions, actions etc... in a funny & hilarious way.

Following are the topics of seminar;

1. Tale of Two Brains
2. Why Does He or She Do That?
3. The No. 1 Key to Incredible Sex
4. How to Stay Married and Not Kill your Spouse?

Disclaimer: Speaker is Christian Pastor & sometimes he preaches. Besides those preaching parts, Rest is fine.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories