Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on School Complaints

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 4 years old, Karachi

My son just turned 4 years last month. He is a very active child and knows and can recognize shapes, colours, alphabets etc. Well. Really good with oral and love to sing. But the school complains that he is a 'sole player' and doesn't mingle or sit with the other kids. He likes to play on his own and loves rolling things on the floor or lying down or jumping around instead of sitting on his chair. He follows all instructions, is not agressive and does communicate but still his speech is not 100% clear yet and he has trouble following actions in class. Pencil gripping is there at times but he scribbles only and doesnt want to write. At times he fixates on one object only and gets upset if it's taken from him. Do I need an assessment for him?? How do I make him stop jumping so much and learn to sit with the other kids??

Psychologist in Lahore - Tahira Maalik

Tahira Maalik - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma In Clinical Psychology), NLP (Hypnotherapist), MSc Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

180 Positive Reviews

yes u need , u can visit psychologist for that.

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Sabeeka Pervaiz

Ms Sabeeka Pervaiz - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

49 Positive Reviews

yes he needs a proper assessment.i'm working with school children.you can contact me
https://m.facebook.com/sighofrelief11/?tsid=0.042-32591427, &source=result

Psychologist in Karachi - Dr. Fareda Zeab

Dr. Fareda Zeab - Psychologist

| PhD (Psychology) | Masters (Clinical Psychology) | | Karachi

review-stars

308 Positive Reviews

You may need a visit to a psychologist, i may be able to provide my services as well. Fo get an appointment booked for your child he will be all good :)

Psychologist in Karachi - Aisha Akhlaq

Aisha Akhlaq - Psychologist

BS(Psychology), MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Hello,
I feel that he will need an assesment, it might not be any severe issue but understanding a child behaviour and problems can be more complex than an adult as children can not express themselves.
This assesment helps identify things which are not always noticed or understood by parents or teachers and an expert is required.
So you should go for formal or informal observation and indepth interview of the condition with a therapist

Member of Marham-Forum

He seems to be some behavioural issues. Yes consult for a clinical psychologist who can do his detailed psychological assessment.

Thanks

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

I suggest you to go for proper assessment first
https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Your child is brilliant. He has enormous potential to learn new things. He has a thing known as "CURIOSITY" that causes him to roaming and running and doing stuff like that. I suggest give him as much stimuli as you can so he can surpass other kids of his age. Bring colorful books. Take him to zoo. Take him to new places where he can see things to learn. He has lots of energy. That energy must be used to learn new things. Bring water color for him. Encourage him to do the new things. So help him grow.
Don't consult any Psychologist because
YOUR CHILD HAS NO BEHAVIOR ISSUE.
As for School teachers, they have rigid mind set. They have disciplinary issue. They don't bear that a student has a capability of getting inspiration from new things, they don't want to see that any student jump or roam in class or ask question.
They want your child to be like an " OFFICE CLERK". You know he must sit down and follw pre-planned things. Don't ask questions. Just blend in. And teachers are ruthless they remove the inspiring mind and make it like Robot.
So dont give ear to them. Change the school. Choose a school where teachers encourage curiosity...

Zahid Aziz. Yours is the safest reply of all. I got an assessment done and alhamdulillah there is NO delay in milestones...no classic ADHD OR AUTISM. An analysis of his environment revealed that he has been exposed to too many environments (three schools in just a year's time) and so hasn't been able to adjust atone as yet. Otherwise his hearing, sight etc are excellent. Only speech has a mild delay so he suggested a few therapy sessions for speech.
But I'm shocked at the way our schools find it so easy to label the kids these days!
If one kid doesn't join the line with others he is immediately labelled as 'different' or on the spectrum! Imagine the pain the parents have to go through when their otherwise healthy children are termed autistic or having other psychological and neurological issues! It's the lack of education on the subject and the inability of teachers to put effort on their part to make the kids listen to them.
They need lazy kids who just like to sit and follow the class. If one kid is active or curious, he is immediately termed different and down goes all his confidence and probably the future ability to be someone others would look up to.
No two humans are the same...and one who has a few different traits is NOT autistic..how can we label them even on a post like mine unless you've done the complete background check on my child?
Really dissapointed with some of the psychologists who responded here as well as our private schools in Pakistan.

5 years ago

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz
Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur | Book Appointment

review-stars 60 Positive Reviews

Its my responsibility to guide you in most honest way. As psychologist ,it is our part of profession to install hope ,make people believe in them and give them self confidence. Now you are confident enough to stand against all the odds...
I am happy to see you strong for your son. I am happy that you have punched all ADHD and Autistic believers. Your son will learn to adjust. As you know that you have been changing lots of school. Now you will take care. Always appreciate your son. In Sha Allah everything is going to be ok

5 years ago

Psychologist in Karachi - Dr. Sana Fatima

Dr. Sana Fatima - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), PhD candidate/Scholar | Karachi

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

it would be best if you see a psychologist in person, as the issue needs to be evaluated in detail. the sooner core issue is caught the better it would be resolved.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories