Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Sexual Counselling

person-avatar

Asking for Wife, Female, 23 years old, Lahore

Assalam o Alikum, I got married about 2 to 3 months before, my wife is so afraid at bed, whenever we try to make it she starts shivering and crying in fear of pain and situation becomes so uncomfortable. Our marraige life is so disturbed.Please advise if she needs some kind of medication to calm her down or counselling or is it some sexual disorder??

Psychologist in Lahore - Taiba Tariq

Taiba Tariq - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

no it is not sexual disorder but it could be just a fear which can be treated through counselling

Psychologist in Lahore - Tahira Maalik

Tahira Maalik - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), ADCP (Advanced Diploma In Clinical Psychology), NLP (Hypnotherapist), MSc Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

180 Positive Reviews

yes she need therapeutic sessions, u can visit my place or any other clinical psychologist.

Member of Marham-Forum

She may require counselling to understand what causes her fear and discomfort. You should take her to a therapist for a few sessions. Hopefully that'll improve the situation.

Psychologist in Lahore - Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman

Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman - Psychologist

Masters in Psychology, Diploma in Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology (Continue) | Lahore

review-stars

981 Positive Reviews

This issue is seen sometimes, few ladies have phobia of pain etc. They need to be counselled by an expert. Also, her mother / sister and you yourself should talk to her. Let make her friend first and convince her. Also, prepare her / seduce her by touching few parts of her body which whelps her to get hot or ready for sex. No medication is still required. There should be proper evaluation. she may have another disorder. For further guidance contact marham.pk

Psychologist in Lahore - Sameen Rehan

Sameen Rehan - Psychologist

BS (Psycology), Mphil (Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

No its not a disorder.
You need to understand that sex is considered a taboo in the society we live in , so its not discussed openly.
1st you need to discuss with her and make her comfortable for the deed.
There is no need to rush. It is entirely a mutual thing and you n yr wife must be both ready for it.
Ask her if she needs some guidance from her mom or sis. Allow her to be comfortable with living with you 1st and them proceed towards more intimate things like sex.

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Dear. It is important to know the root cause of her fear. Overtly it looks like she is afraid of sexual intercourse. But why does she assume sexual intercourse as horrible,terrific thing that has led her to shivering or panicking. So we need to look for the Reasons of her fear. She must have developed some vague ideas about sexual intercourse. She need to be guided. She needs your support first. Just Relax yourself first. Then try to calm her, try to comfort her. Befriend her. Don't force her into sexual intercourse. Forcing her may cause disturbace.
Systematically her fear can be eliminated. Do following steps.
1. Relax her by breathing technique.
(i) let her inhale slowly and exhale slowly.
2. Use Deep Muscle Relaxation Technique.
(i) google this technique. Its available.
3. Use Visualization technique to let her imagine that sexual activity is the most benovalent thing to human kind.
4. In Visualization step you have to viualize sexual intercourse in a clearity. Like romantic secen of movie.
5. Use step 1,2,3 daily for atleast a week.
6. In second week use all previous steps and after relaxing visualizing add one thing which is " let her watch a DVD of sexual intercourse".
7. Use this routine for a week.
8. At end of second week let her to explore you nd br romantic.
9. In third week use breathing technique and be romantic physically.
10. By third week her fear has gone and she will start to be intimate witu you. When she ia fully relaxed and you can see that by her facial expressions. You can have physical intercourse.

Member of Marham-Forum

This problem is something like phobia. First we have to determine the cause behind this. I.e u need to talk about the issue in very empathic way not being angry and loud. Then further u can lessen the fear gradually. U can use imagination technique for this.i.e ask her to imagin the least to most fear causing thing about sex.but gradually. Before this use relaxation techniques.
Regards.

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

Hello

Sexual pain is common but some women do experience it intense than others. I suggest you to seek help from a therapeutic session for your wife about how to feel relax may be there are some unpleasant associations that are causing fear and anxiety ...

https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ayesha Mustafa

Ayesha Mustafa - Psychologist

Masters in Clinical Psychology | Islamabad

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

well
she is fearful thats clear
let her talk to someone who can relate to it and will probably talk about sex easily
i can help her out

how? u can guide

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Zahra Kalsoom

Zahra Kalsoom - Psychologist

MSc (Applied Psychology) Diploma in Clinical Psychology, P.G.D in Speech & Language Therapy | Lahore

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

Salam She need to be assessed before making.any suggesion

Psychologist in Lahore - Nida Ghani

Nida Ghani - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), BS (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

book an appointment and take sessions

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor