Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Social Anxiety

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 31 years old, Faisalabad

Having following Symptoms since childhood; feeling that people are judging and watching, fear of doing thing not in proper way, sweating while talking when people are around, afraid of doing something ridiculous or look stupid while outside, hearing/understanding is impaired while talking when others are around etc... What self-help techniques can be used to cope it? (Although I know its not alternate to sessions)

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Mehreen Ahmad

Mehreen Ahmad - Psychologist

BS (Clinical Psychology), MS (Clinical Psychology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

38 Positive Reviews

Deep breathing (10 to 15) minute Reducing negtive thinking facing ur fear make a new friends by greeting people, giving compliments, and starting brief conversation.

Post Owner

thanks Mehreen sahiba for tips.

5 years ago

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Sobila Ali

Sobila Ali - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology ), PGD Speech Therapy | Faisalabad

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

Ways to Overcome your symptoms

Act confidently. Confidence comes through action, learning new things ,practice, and mastery. ...Engage your self in different activities ...Try new things, even if they make you anxious. ...Talk with ypur friends and family members . ...Make yourself vulnerable. ...Practice displaying confident body language. ...Be mindful.

Post Owner

thanks Sobila sahiba for tips.

5 years ago

Psychologist in Multan - Mohsin Abbas

Mohsin Abbas - Psychologist

MPhil Psychology ISP | Multan

review-stars

165 Positive Reviews

It can be recover just in 3 session book an appointment and come to me. I handled that kind of patient many times don't worry you can trust

Post Owner

thanks Mohsin sb for replying & giving me hope that it is recoverable.

5 years ago

You are welcome
But my brother if you want to get out of it, than "stop thinking start doing" for yourself because no'one do it for you.

5 years ago

Post Owner

I'm not gonna waste time in thinking.

thanks

5 years ago

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

You need to learn Social Skills. These skills include 1.Confidence 2. Assertive Communication 3. Coping Social Anxiety 4. Learning to Say No.
These skills are very easy to learn. There is one rule for succes :
1. learn by practice through experience . This is the only reason you can not get anything from reading Self Help Book or Literature of Psychology or Browsing help from Internet or Listening to advices of elders. You just read, You dont practice the knowledge you gain. No Practice No Experience. You have no idea how amazing poweful it feels being confident. What you need ,A Mentoe, A Psychologist who will give you Assignments which you have to do in field.
Hire a private Mentor.
Good luck buddy

Post Owner

thanks Zahid sb for detailed reply. Surely I need to learn social skills.
I've no/very low confidence, I'm not assertive in Communication, have difficulty in saying no etc...
Yes, I've no idea how amazing powerful it feels being confident.
I need a mentor & I' going to search & find him soon.

5 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Sanam Khalid

Sanam Khalid - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

well, these are the symptoms of social anxiety. there must be some bad experiences you had when you were a child... but see that thing is passed and you are still giving yourself some negative messages that's why you have this fear of judgment or may be negative evaluation (log kya kahen gai, mere bare me pata ni kya soch rae honge etc etc). this causes you anxiety while doing something in front of other people. you can deal with this. but first what you need is, identify the negative messages which you are continuously giving yourself. that one thing one small thought is ruining your self confidence and self esteem. Here are some tips first identify the negative thoughts than replace them with positive ones. Like i can face it, i can do it... you are lot more capable and strong than this small negative thought. Facing fears is difficult but its not a impossible thing, see in this world there is nothing that a person cant do or face. first try to face those with whom you are comfortable like close friends or family members. don't be conscious of people while doing something, be focused on task that you are doing. better to consult some psychologist you will recover this quickly. and keep that in mind. Life is much more easier than you think. so start thinking differently. that's all you need.
have great life.

Post Owner

thanks Sanam sahiba for tips & detailed reply.
In childhood was very sensitive or over-sensitive, Had high expectations from others, have difficulty in saying no etc...

5 years ago

Psychologist in Faisalabad - Sumra Amjad

Sumra Amjad - Psychologist

Msc (Psychology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Deep breathing (10 to 15) minute Reducing negtive thinking facing ur fear make a new friends by greeting people, giving compliments, and starting brief conversation.and join some social activities.like club or other social activities .

Post Owner

thanks Sumra sahiba for tips

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Ayesha Malik please help

Member of Marham-Forum

Expecting replies from;

Squadron Leader (r) Ahmed Salman
Dr. Fareda Zeab
Munawar Zulfiqar
Faria Rehman
Tahira Maalik