Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Social Anxiety, Shyness

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 26, Karachi

I am depressed due to social anxiety since childhood. I feel anxious in public places like shopping and around people. I am also a shy person and freeze around girls. Unable to participate in social gatherings and groups. Have difficulty to face people and feels that people are watching me and thinking about me most of the time. This problem is limiting my life to fully enjoy.

Please help, I am lonely and depressed.

Psychologist in Lahore - Ayesha Shahid Sheikh

Ayesha Shahid Sheikh - Psychologist

BS-Clinical Psychology, MS-Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

377 Positive Reviews

These are classic symptoms of Social anxiety which can be dealt with therapy. it is recommended that you see a clinical Psychologist.

Psychologist in Karachi - Daniyal Riaz

Daniyal Riaz - Psychologist

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

dear worried patient, I can understand your feelings and I am glad to inform you that with few sessions with a psychologist you can learn to overcome your shyness and anxiety and become a confident girl. you can book an appointment here on Marham.pk and consult me at The Modern Hospital Karachi opposite Safari Park. i am sure you'll learn to manage your feelings and live happily as you want.

thanks for reply.

small correction: he is 26 years old male from karachi who in his own words is "a shy person and freeze around girls"

4 years ago

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 119 Positive Reviews

thanks for correction and sorry for typing error. shyness and lack of confidence has to be assess first to provide best available solution.

4 years ago

thanks.

Are the online sessions quite as effective as in-office sessions for low confidence & social anxiety etc...?

How many session are required to gain confidence & eliminate/control/normalize social & general anxiety?

thanks.

4 years ago

Mphil (Clinical Psychology), Lisenced Hypnotherapist (USA) | Karachi | Book Appointment

not exactly as effective as in person therapy sessions but to some extent online session could be beneficial. in person session will work more effectively because therapist could teach some exercises make the client practice it. another plus point of in person therapy sessions is that a wide variety of therapies could be used to provide the best possible effect.

every person is different so number of sessions vary from person to person but generally people learn to manage in almost 10-15 sessions

4 years ago

thanks a lot for guidance.

4 years ago

for confidence boost I generally use a combination of NLP and CBT and the results are great.

4 years ago

your welcome

4 years ago

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Rabia Tanveer

Ms. Rabia Tanveer - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), Diploma (Clinical Psychology), BTTC (Behavioral Therapy Training Course), ADCP, Training of Addiction Professionals of Pakistan, DHMS | Gujranwala

review-stars

2218 Positive Reviews

Aoa dear... you can book an appoinment through marham... you can call me through marham.. I will help you all.....take care

Psychologist in Karachi - Aisha Akhlaq

Aisha Akhlaq - Psychologist

BS(Psychology), MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

its been a while you have had these symptoms, please try getting in touch with a psychologist for assesment of the intenisty of these symptoms, and then they can resolved either through desensitization, exposure therapy, etc

Psychologist in Karachi - Rutaba Khan

Rutaba Khan - Psychologist

BS(Psychology),MPhil(Clinical Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

social anxiety is easily treatable through therapy. I can understand problems you are facing and it also effecting you personal and educational life. I will suggest you to take therapy it will boost your self esteem and improve communication skills.

Post Owner

how many sessions are required for this?

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Nazish Idrees

Dr. Nazish Idrees - Psychologist

PhD Scholar in Clinical Psychology, MS (Clinical Psychology), Msc (HDFS), B.sc Dietetics,Diploma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Diploma in Diet and Nutritional Advisor with distinction, Diploma in Family and Relationship Therapist | Lahore

you are in need of an expert for some time

seek online or one to one clinic session

You will improve with a few therapeutic meetings as needed

https://www.facebook.com/peculiarcoach/

Regards,
Clinical Psychologist and Nutritional Advisor

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment