Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Social Phobia

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 31, Germany

Dear Doctors,

One of my friend is facing anxiety issues. He feels extremely uncomfortable and panicked, when he has to give very small updates on his work, other than that, he is fine and can communicate well.

The problem he told me is that, when he has to wait for his turn, it makes him more nervous and therefore, he doesn't join a meeting where he has to give a small speech on his turn. He attends all other meetings and perform very actively.

He is very much concerned for his Job now and wants to eat some kind of Beta Blockers which I dont know if they are fine for him or not.

Can you please suggest which of the beta blockers are fine? And are there any side effects? How Beta blockers solve this kind of Panick Attacks?

Regards

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Rabia Tanveer

Ms. Rabia Tanveer - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), Diploma (Clinical Psychology), BTTC (Behavioral Therapy Training Course), ADCP, Training of Addiction Professionals of Pakistan, DHMS | Gujranwala

review-stars

2218 Positive Reviews

Aoa.you can call me through marham..I will help ..take care

Psychologist in Islamabad - Ms Shaffaq Imran

Ms Shaffaq Imran - Psychologist

| MS (Clinical Psychology) | EMDR certification | (EMDR Pakistan) | NLP certification | (NFNLP USA) Hypnosis certification (NGH USA) | Islamabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Your friend has performance anxiety. In psychotherapy, he can learn ways to manage the problem or possibly even resolve the issue at its core. If he is interested in taking medication, I would recommend that he first visit a psychiatrist for evaluation and not buy anything over the counter. I hope this helps.

Psychologist in Lahore - Samra Kainat

Samra Kainat - Psychologist

MS (Clinical Psychology), CERT (Eidetic Therapist and NLP Practitioner) | Lahore

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

your friend is facing performance anxiety problem.through the help of psychotherapy his issue will be definitely managed.You can consult me for his treatment.

Psychologist in Lahore - Aisha Khan

Aisha Khan - Psychologist

M.Sc General Psychology, Advance Diploma in Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

he is having performance anxiety which can be controlled by psychotherapy. but medical will make him dependent. and the problem increases. you can contact me for psychological management

Psychologist in Dera Ismail Khan - Maryam Siddique

Maryam Siddique - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), M.Phil (Clinical Psychology) | Dera Ismail Khan

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

you can contact me

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Moafia Malik

Ms Moafia Malik - Psychologist

Masters (Applied Psychology), MS (Clinical Psychology), Certification (Hypnotherapy) | Lahore

review-stars

52 Positive Reviews

thanks for approaching us.
but dear medicines have many Side-effects, for the time being; problem is resolved but later on shows different side-effects.
better option is that you friend need some consultancy or some sort of psychotherapy and hypnotherapy is very effective for him.
you can consult me through Marham

Clinical Psychologist in Karachi - Ms. Rushna Siddiqui

Ms. Rushna Siddiqui - Clinical Psychologist

M.Phil in Clinical Psychology | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

As far as the problems of the related person are concerned, a proper clinical interview with the person is recommended. Such issues can be resolved through psychotherapy. A proper clinical interview will give a better understanding about the client that whether medicines should be recommended or not.

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh

Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh - Clinical Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

78 Positive Reviews

well on the first place relaxants ll work but for how long medication n side by side therapy is what i ll recommend its a phobia which reacts in a certain way n any person ll react n avoid the problematic situation of course but managing ur symptopms is all he needa.

Psychologist in Rawalpindi - Ms Shahida Iftikhar

Ms Shahida Iftikhar - Psychologist

M.Sc Psychology, Humanistic Counseling CPCAB UK, Qualified Cognitive Behavior Therapist | Rawalpindi

review-stars

61 Positive Reviews

Only medical doctor or psychiatrist can talk about the medicine! I think your friend needs to consult psychologist coping with anxiety in work meetings.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories