Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Vaginismus

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 30 years old, Mirpur AJK

Hi, Me and My Wife married for about less than six month and we realised that we are facing condition of vaginismus but since 6 month we couldn't find any gynae or sex therapist or physchologist who has a real time experiance of dealing with this complex situation.we have wasted time and money and everywhere we went to, got the same reply that this will settle down by the passage of time or by relaxing of mind,my wife has taken it over her mind and this is simply not a solution for her, we need one dedicated sex therapist or physcologist. Please recommend someone in Islamabad or Lahore region.

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh

Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh - Clinical Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

78 Positive Reviews

i can completely understand the situation but you both need to visit someone whose knowledge n expertee in this area is new and fresh knowledge you can visit me at bahria international hospital lahore lets give it a tey hope i can be of some help n rule out some intervention plans. 😊

Psychologist in Bahawalpur - Zahid Aziz

Zahid Aziz - Psychologist

BS , MPhil (Applied Psychology) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

60 Positive Reviews

Vaginismus or sexual pain disorders is really Complex thing to handle in a sense it requires careful history taking and consecutive sessions on daily basis. It requires hard work from the side of therapist, this is the reason normally therapists avoid it or they lose interest in such cases. From the side of client, patience is also necessary . Client has to Believe the therapist. Whatever weired exercise therapist says , client should try that with full confidence. Always Trust therapist and be confident in therapist. Treatment of vaginismus includes different layers. In first layer 4 to 5 sessions are centred on the relaxation of only pelvis muscles. In Second layer of treatment therapist will give counselling on sexual response cycle. In third layer of psychotherapy, therapist will discuss all possible emotional factors losely or directly related to vaginismus and he resolves all stressors. In Next sessions he will reduce the sensitivity on penetration or insertion by desensitisation techniques. This is very important and last part because in this part of therapy, dilators are inserted in vagina for 5 minutes. It is very slow process. Once woman can do it without any pain then treatment has done successfully. And this vaginismus or controversial disorder is healed.

Post Owner

@zahid Aziz
This is what we have studied and experianced so far and we are well aware of the procedure to be followed but we need one consultant who guide us properly till the success. Due to lengthy process most the consultants are either reluctant or loose result interest in half way. Kindly let us know if you know someone in Isl region.

4 years ago

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Dr. Amber Firdous

Dr. Amber Firdous - Psychologist

MS, PHD, PGD | Gujranwala

review-stars

70 Positive Reviews

it's take time but not impossible. u can visit contact me through Marham

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online