Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on ACE Inhibitors And CoVID19 Risk

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 33 years old, Faisalabad

Aoa. I'm essential hypertensive and taking following drugs for it since years. Amlodipine 10mg OD, Zestril 20mg OD, Inderal 20mg BD. I've read on internet that those who are taking ''PRILS or SARTANS'' are at greater chance of catching coronavirus. Should I quit taking Zestril? Thanks

General Physician in Hangu - Dr. Muhammad Atif Khan

no these medicine is your need according to your health so best is that to isolate your self in such conditions

Post Owner

ok, thanks

4 years ago

General Physician in Larkana - Prof. Dr. Kouro Mal Gurbakhshani

this is difficult to say some studies suggest that stooping ACE inhibitions in are more dangerous. as covid 19 affects more to patients who had some comorbities like hypertension relationships with type of drug has not proven yet

Post Owner

ok, thanks

4 years ago

Family Medicine in Thatta - Dr. Adeel Memon

Dr. Adeel Memon - Family Medicine

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine) | Thatta

You would not contract this virus unless you come in contact with a person infected with corona virus but yes if you contract the virus then you are at risk of developing complications due to your pre exsisting medical condition
As far your question is concerned regarding link between certain medicines and contracting corona virus ,there are some stories and claims are circulating in social media but such these stuff do not have any proven scientific backing
so you just practice social distancing and hand wahing etc

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Qurban Hussain

Dr. Qurban Hussain - Diabetologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Internal Medicine), SCE Endocrinology and Diabetes (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

186 Positive Reviews

You can continue the same treatment as there is no such proven data or studies who can provide any strong evidence for this.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories