Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Condition Assessment And Subsequent Testing And Treatment

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 63 years old, Karachi

Patient profile: Female, 63Y, Hypertensive, Arthritis (probable, have to consult), Gallbladder removed.

My mother's Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg attached) test came back 'Reactive' after a complete check-up she had last month. Doctor advised (Advice.1 attached) following further test to assess her condition (all 3 attached) which we did before next follow-up 1. Hepatitis B Viral Load (Quantitative) 2. Hepatitis Be Antigen 3. Hepatitis Delta Antibody.

Based on second follow-up from DOW University's GI Department, doctor advised following additional tests, with no treatment plan shared yet 1. Prothrombin Time (PT) 2. Alpha Feto Protein (AFP) 3. Albumin 4. HDV-RNA by PCR (Quantitative) 5. Fibro Scan.

I looked up all the tests over internet and test 4 and 5 make sense for further diagnosis. I need guidance regarding the rationale of other 3 tests and withholding treatment until their results (keeping in view the current test results and diagnosis sta

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Ali Mundrawala

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Ali Mundrawala - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MD (Medicine), MCPS (Forensic Medicine) | Karachi

review-stars

742 Positive Reviews

asa looking to be a case need further and final diagnosis which is deemed
I think dr is slightly away from diagnosis
send complete history and test which can decide the case or send pt with complete medical records

Member of Marham-Forum

HBsAg test

Member of Marham-Forum

Advice 1

Member of Marham-Forum

Hepatitis B Viral Load (Quant)

Member of Marham-Forum

Hepatitis Be Antigen

Member of Marham-Forum

Hepatitis Delta Antibody

Member of Marham-Forum

Advice 2

Member of Marham-Forum

Attached the advice and reports. I think my post was exceeding character limit so my question wasn't recorded till end.

I need guidance on relevance of test 1-3 and dependence of their result in starting treatment and also how quickly should we start the treatment. Thank you.

General Practitioner in Islamabad - Dr. Ishtiaq Mughal

Dr. Ishtiaq Mughal - General Practitioner

MBBS, FCPS Resident Doctor | Islamabad

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

u need to see a gastroenterologist.. actually when hepatitis is diagnosed with antigen antibody tests then we need some additional tests before commencing treatment.so just follow their advice or meet any senior gastroenterologist in person

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories