Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Cough And Noisy Breathing

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 1.10 years old, London

Aoa. My son used to have noisy breathing while sleeping since birth. About 2 months ago he caught cold and cough. His cold went away but cough didn’t. He was coughing 3 to 4 times during day time and once at night. Dr prescribed steriod inhaler one week ago and asked me to use it for 2 weeks if cough stops. His cough and noisy breathing both have stopped. My question is can his cough and noisy breathing come back once his dose finishes? And why inhaler affected his noisy breathing? Please explain as I am getting upset. I am afraid is he having asthma? Thank you.

General Physician in Islamabad - Dr. Abdul Aziz

Dr. Abdul Aziz - General Physician

MBBS | Islamabad

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

take online appointment for consultation

Member of Marham-Forum

you need to have an online appointment for detail history and detail examination. you can get yourself reviwed from you home.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

hi
this doesn't necessarily suggest asthma .some time its just a bit hyperactive airways .asthma is difficult to diagnose at this age .what your child has experienced is a very common observation.important to ensure no tonsils or adenoids glands at the back of nose .please stop inhalers and observe as suggested by your doctor.
Dr Kashif Ahmad
MBBS, MRCP(UK)
MRCP(E), MRCGP(UK) FRSPH
CCT(UK), PGDip Diabetes(Wales)
PGDip(London)

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)