Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on MRI Lumbar Spine

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 39, Dubai, UAE

i am having a sciatica nerve pain for the past one year, i recently got my MRI done for Lumbar spine. My report is attached, need your advise if i need a surgery or it can cured with medicines and excercise

General Physician in Islamabad - Dr. Abdul Aziz

Dr. Abdul Aziz - General Physician

MBBS | Islamabad

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Disc bulge at L5-S1 is comment after the age of 40-45 and it is mostly related to the bad posture of nature of job. Frequent travelling also mimic the situation. If you have pain in lower back which radiates to the leg, then you have to take medicines, rest and physiotherapy will solve your 90-95% of your problem. Surgery is only advised when there is involvement of nerves and extreme difficulty in standing, walking or movement becomes very painful. In other words when the medication and physiotherapy fail, then surgical intervention is opted. But in your case, hopefully, rest, medicines, physiotherapy and later on exercises (only advised by the Neurophysician or physiotherapist) will be beneficial.
So consult some good Neurophysician and physiotherapist.

Post Owner

Thank you for the advice Dr.Abdul Aziz. i can not explain the severity in words but it is getting difficult for me to walk or stand for a longer period and similarly carrying weight increases the severity. But i will try to go for medicines first followed by physiotherapy and change in life style + eating habbits

3 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

195 Positive Reviews

there is very good advice by Dr abdul aziz. decision for surgery is made on basis of clinical symptoms.
if your symptoms are severe then surgery will help otherwise manage work physiotherapy and life style changes

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Mehwish Aamir

Dr. Mehwish Aamir - General Physician

MBBS, Aesthetic Diploma Courses | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

It’s curable you need therapy and medicines visit my clinic you can get an appointment through marham thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories